4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 4:01 PM by BJBBJB1 RSS

Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?

BJBBJB1 Community Member

Greetings.

The question I continue to ask for every new version......and think should have been addressed two versions ago:

If I upgrade to Production Premium suite 6, can I now....finally.... take my DD 5.1 audio and HDV tracks in Premiere Pro and "send" them to Encore without separating them and encoding them separately for the journey?

So....If I think I am done in Pr Pro, and send them to Encore, and determine I need to go back for some final tweaking in Premiere pro (of course that NEVER happens! ), can I do that without having to re-render (separately) the audio and video in?

I of course understand that if you render either with AME or with Encore and make changes, you would still have to re-render somewhere, I just think having to render the audio and video separately and then pasting or importing separately into encore is such a kludge in an otherwise smooth workflow.

Having the warp effect in Pr Pro from after effects is great!  That round-trip to AE can be a hassle.

Thanks,

BJBBJB1

• 1. Re: Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?
          JSS1138 Community Member

It's unlikely simply because Dolby owns the technology for 5.1 DD encoding, and they don't give that away for free.  That's why you pay extra to get 5.1 encoding out of PP.  To do what you want, the 5.1 encoding would have to be included with PP by default.

• 2. Re: Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?
            BJBBJB1 Community Member

Jay,

Great to hear from you!  Your input has always been helpful to me. 

I do understand that logic....however I also think based on other software I have used there is precedent for functionality that would work this way:

Yes, you need to buy the DD license to get DD encoding and here is the link (they already do that).  Then, once you buy that license we unlock this wonderful functionality that we have implied in our advertising for years which allows an integrated round-trip Dynamic link with Encore.  Well, they just say you "can" do it, they never say you can only do it with stereo tracks except maybe in some footnote.

When I buy add-on video effects for Pr Pro, you have to work around a kludge to get them to work.  They integrate and just work as they should.

Anyway, I was just checking.  I understand you could not get DD5.1 encoding out of the box.  However, if you buy the plug-in, I think Adobe should provide the functionality for their users.  Just my opinion.

Thanks,

BJBBJB1

• 3. Re: Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?
              JSS1138 Community Member

A fair question.  Will it work once you pay for the 5.1 license?

My guess would still be no, but we'll find out for sure in a couple weeks.

• 4. Re: Can Pr Pro6 export DD 5.1 audio and HD video from Pr Pro to Encore?
                BJBBJB1 Community Member

Unfortunately you are probably right...but here's to hoping.

I also meant to say that that "when I buy add-on video effects for Pr Pro, you don't have to work around a kludge to get them to work.  They integrate and just work as they should."

BJBBJB1