• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Current Flash

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I must ask is the whole configuration of your forum system geared to frustrate users enough that the go away with-out finding or posting their problems?  If so it almost worked!

Running

Windows 7 (fully updated)

64 bit

Firefox

Computer is 2 years old and it has been running and updating (automatically) Adobe Flash just fine for since I purchased it.  About two weeks ago Flash stopped working properly.  When Firefox opens a page that has Flash content I am told I need to download a plug-in (Flash) for this page to work properly.  Where the Flash content would be on the page it is greyed out with a message to update my Flash.  When I click onto the links to solve the problem (update or install plugin (flash)) A pop-up opens telling me to install "Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62" I click "next>", Then the pop-up thinks for a while in in the little pop-up screen window appears "Oops! Firefox could not find any none" in a mini-GOOGLE Search web page with the term "None" in the Google search box.  If I then click the "I agree" button and hit "next>" button It acts like it is down loading something but then kicks me to the "No Plugins were installed" with "Manual Install" button.  THEN if I click on the manual install button I am taken to the Adobe Flash Player (11.2.202.233) download page.  SO I download the file, shut down Firefox, reboot the computer, click on the downloaded program it acts like it is working.  Windows asks me for permission to continue and I agree.  Task Manager tells me it is doing something in the back ground but nothing happens.  I have tried this about 15 times.  I have uninstalled all previous versions of Adobe Flash and tried about 5 more times. I cannot update or even install Flash in any form what so ever.  How do I install Flash? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try a clean install, as described in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

Then download and run the offline installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

From now on, Flash Player should be silently updated in the background.

Mslacat wrote:

First I must ask is the whole configuration of your forum system geared to frustrate users enough that the go away with-out finding or posting their problems?  If so it almost worked!

For forum issues please post here http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines