• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show TOC link

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using X5, generating webhelp. How do I display the show link in the generated output?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006
Hi susan@work, this is rick@home!

When you examine the properties for your WebHelp layout (Expand Single Source Layouts, then right click the WebHelp layout and choose "Properites")

Click the "Next >" button once. See that option labeled "Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics"? Make sure that is selected and you should be set.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susan@work, this is rick@home!

When you examine the properties for your WebHelp layout (Expand Single Source Layouts, then right click the WebHelp layout and choose "Properites")

Click the "Next >" button once. See that option labeled "Show Navigation Pane Link in Topics"? Make sure that is selected and you should be set.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again susan@work

After posting my reply, it dawned on me that perhaps you might be expecting to see this link inside topics even when the topic is displayed inside the WebHelp frameset. So I thought I'd also post to advise that the option I mentioned causes the WebHelp generation process to add additional code to each topic. The code sniffs the environment to see if the topic is being presented inside the WebHelp frameset. If so, a show link appears. If not, there is really no need for the show link, so it is hidden.

Apologies if you already knew this.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As always, Rick rocks!!
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp