12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 10:07 AM by rlauriston

master ExtendScript to run FrameMaker and RoboHelp scripts?

rlauriston Level 1

I'm trying to automate generation of PDF in FrameMaker 10 and WebHelp from the same source in RoboHelp 9.

I have two scripts that are working, now I'm trying to run them as a single script.

Looking at a discussion about InDesign scripting (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/776832), I thought maybe the following would work:

robohelp.executeScriptFile("c:\\Users\\rlauriston\\Documents\\help_automation\\2_robohelp. jsx")

but when I debug it in ExtendScript Toolkit CS5.5, I get "robohelp is undefined".

Reading Adobe Creative Suite 5 JavaScript Tools Guide, I get the impression that this should work:

robohelp.executescript(

var projectPath = "C:\\Users\\rlauriston\\Documents\\My RoboHelp Projects\\AG\\SentrionAdminGuide.xpj";

main();

function main()

{

if(projectPath == "")

{

//Error!. Quit RoboHelp

alert("Project path is not defined. \nPlease update the 'projectPath' variable in the script.");

RoboHelp.quit();

}

RoboHelp.openProject(projectPath); //Open the project

RoboHelp.project.updateAll(true); //Update all linked documents (pass true for Force update)

RoboHelp.closeProject(); //Close project

RoboHelp.quit(); //Quit RoboHelp

}

)

but when I debug it I get "Illegal use of reserved word 'var'". If I move the var declaration to the top of the file, I get "Expected: )" on the semicolon after main().