• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capturing from within PowerPoint

New Here ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As with some other content development tools or media capturing tools, I would like to be able to capture a PowerPoint presentation from within PowerPoint, and not have to import it into Captivate. I thought I could do this, but can't find a way to do so. Does anyone have to solution?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2006 May 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

steveousiu,
I have done something similar by playing the powerpoint as a slideshow and capturing that slideshow into captivate.
Is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 18, 2006 Oct 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to record a powerpoint (2003) slide show. I click on F5 in powerpoint and it starts playing and then I click record in captivate but it doesn't record all the animation, sound etc. How do i do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2006 Oct 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Full motion recording to capture animations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the full motion options checked but it still doesn't work. The options seems directed to the mouse movements but not what is in the window.

I am using captivate 2. Is there somewhere else besides "options" where I can select full motion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all the full motion options checked but it still doesn't work. The options seems directed to the mouse movements but not what is in the window.

I am using captivate 2. Is there somewhere else besides "options" where I can select full motion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi jha900

I think what DilbertG meant to convey was that you can force full motion recording from inside Captivate. Normally, Captivate only automatically shifts into full motion recording mode for clicks and drags. But it can also be forced into this mode via keystroke. Unless you have changed the recording keys, the keystroke is F9 to begin full motion capture and F10 to end it.

Sooo, you could theoretically press F9 to begin full motion capture mode, capture the animation, then press F10 once the animation is complete. Repeat as necessary. However, your end results may not be to your satisfaction. Why? Captivate was never intended to record in this mode. Only as a supplement when recording. So the results will vary.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources