• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why didn't Adobe CS3 migrate properly using Mac's Migration Assistant?

Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Apple's migration assistant to transfer CS3 from a 1st gen Macbook to a 3rd gen Macbook Air.

When I try to open a CS3 program (say Illustrator), I get a message that says "Licensing for this product has stopped working. You cannot use this product at this time. You must repair the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling this product or contacting your IT administrator or Adode customer suppot for help."

I then deactivated my software on the old Macbook. Still, I get the same message.

I have the CS3 serial number because I registered the product with Adobe when I bought it.

Two questions:

1. how to fix without reinstalling?

2. whom to contact at Adobe customer support for help? I can't figure out on this website whom to call or email. I found this forum, but I am not sure is the right place to be.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message poped up in CS3 because the license files were not transfered. You can follow the knowledge base link below to work on the issue but its recommended to install CS3 and then serializing it.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

If I can't find my install disc for CS3, can you give me a link to download CS3?

I have the serial number because I registered CS3 with Adobe when I bought it and looked that up under MyAdobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 is EOL and would be hard to get but there are links available for few products to download.

Which CS3 application do you seek for? You mentioned Illustrator, is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. how to fix without reinstalling?

It can't be done. you must reinstall. If you do no longer have the disks, that would be problematic, though.... Adobe doesn't hold legacy versions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mylenium is saying is correct...MIgration tool never work for transfering Adobe product , you have to re-install

Check this link , it may help http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shark2,

As already stated by everyone, the only option left for you is to uninstall CS3 completely from your machine and then re-install it.

Follow the below suggestions to uninstall CS3.

• Uninstall CS3 using its uninstaller from Utilities->Adobe Installers Folder
  • Download and install the Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool  and remove the reminents of Creative Suite applications.
  • Empty the Temp folder(Go->Go To Folder->/tmp)
  • Empty the Trash.
  • Reboot the machine.

Download the respective CS3 application or suite from http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html and try to install it and check if everything works fine.

Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed. It would be appreciated.

Regards

Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone. I've made some progress due to all your help.

But I've got a new problem: when I reinstalled CS3 using the original discs, CS3 Indesign and CS3 Acrobat did not install properly.

My questions:

1. Got any ideas how to fix without uninstalling the whole CS3, running the cleaner tool, and reinstalling everything again? I tried to rerun the installer just for InDesign and Acrobat Pro but I got the same result -- no install.

2. Installing CS3 takes forever -- at least several hours. Is it because I'm sending it over my wireless network? (I'm "sharing" the DVD drive on my other Macbook because my Air doesn't have one.)

Thanks so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shark2,

You donot need the CS3 disc to uninstall CS3. Just follow the steps i mentioned above to "Uninstall CS3" from your machine.

That will help you to fix your issue.

Regards

Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am still making use of CS3 and that i aren't believe that AI nonetheless does not have a suitable variety tool through version five. Which is crazy. A lasso device should choose all of the items within it again since the arrears. Not all the particular factors, all of the items. I don't know regarding one, but I avoid draw factors, I draw items. Certain, there can be some other key-controlled selections, however the nearly all intuitive ought to be the arrears. Only those people that have just utilized AI claim this particular. This, and the inability to obtain circles or anything besides different types of parallelograms, offers indeed kept the application almost unusable. Painting and certainly Freehand are usually sorely skipped on the Macintosh aspect.

Larsons Robert

Hear my music

http://www.dittomusic.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines