2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 1:48 AM by vincentccw RSS

Conditional Statements in IE6 error?

vincentccw Community Member

http://mcec.my/

I have added a conditional statement which only target IE6 to render specific css and javascript,

all other browsers, IE7 and above will use back the general set of css and js...

However when I preview in IE 6 and IE7 i got the conditional statement render out :

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<title>Malaysia-China Entrepreneur Conference 2012</title>

<!--[if !IE6]>-->

<link href="include/reset.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="include/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="include/coin-slider-styles.css" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="include/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="include/coin-slider.min.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="include/bw-menu.js"></script>

<!--<![end if]>-->

<!--[if gte IE7]>

<![end if]>-->

<!--[if lte IE6]>

<link href="include/ie6PNGFix.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<![end if]>-->

</head>

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////

23-04-2012 14-32-40.jpg

Where did I gone wrong? Thanks for the help

• 1. Re: Conditional Statements in IE6 error?
          osgood_ CommunityMVP

All the IE comments around your alternative css/js links are a bit mangled...try the below:

<!--[if !IE 6]>

<![endif]-->

<!--[if gte IE 7]>

<![endif]-->

<!--[if lte IE 6]>

<link href="include/ie6PNGFix.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<![endif]-->

• 2. Re: Conditional Statements in IE6 error?
            vincentccw Community Member

Thanks osgood_, I finally got it working using ur code, i think is mainly the because of the spacing error with "endif, IE6 and IE7",

I also realize u miss out the closing and open comments for the first one, coz the render fail in non-ie browser, so i modify a bit and is all working now...=)

<!--[if !IE 6]>-->

<!--<![endif]-->