4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2012 6:54 PM by Peter 528 RSS

MSO management, editing a MSO

Peter 528

Dear community,

I am wondering how people in the community are managing MSO in their workflow, especially when it comes to editing a MSO.

Whats the best way to handle editing a state in an MSO?

I have been trying to figure out a good way to do editing of MSOs, but it always seems rather complex, sometimes its easier to just recreate the MSO again. However when the MSO is really complicated, recreating the MSO is also a pain.

• 1. Re: MSO management, editing a MSO
          Bob Bringhurst - Adobe Adobe Employee

When I want to add an object to an MSO state, I move it into position, select it and the MSO, and then click the Add button to add it to the current state (not the New button that creates a new state). I prefer that method over Paste Into. Is that what you're asking?

• 2. Re: MSO management, editing a MSO
            Peter 528 Community Member

Thanks Bob !!!

I did not notice the Add button.  This is really helpful.

• 3. Re: MSO management, editing a MSO
              Laubender MVP

@Peter – sometimes it's hard to get through to buttons inside MSOs that are placed inside Scrollable Frames.
              Check the layers panel for objects to select thiese.

It would be great if we could expand the layers panel to show all objects inside every state of an MSO, not only the active one. And I'd like to do a restricted view of "all MSOs" or "all buttons" in the layers panel inside of a selected object. Generally spoken: a restricted view for distinct object classes.

• 4. Re: MSO management, editing a MSO
                Peter 528 Community Member

@Uwe - The idea to see all a particular type of object is great.

I find that when I create MSO i will start off by using layers to create each state, once im done creating the states, I just have to go to each layer and group the objects together, then create the MSO. However, when I have created the MSO, it becomes one object in one layer, so when i wanted to edit a particular state, I have to go to the MSO panel to find the state instead of using the layers to hide/view the states, and it was confusing, so i would copy the state out to another layer to do the editing then copy it back. My method seems a bit inefficient though so i figured ill ask around how people are doing it.