• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLV Videos not playing on the latest version of the flash player (11.2.202.233)

Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I recently upgraded my flash plugin on Mozilla to version 11.2.202.233.  Since them a lot of  video content I create no longer plays, audio is still heard and plays fine.  These videos previously played fine on 11.1.102.63and earlier versions of the flash player plugin.

Each problem  video has been encoded with 2 separate SPS/PPS Nals in the AVC Decoder configuration record.  This allows me to send 2 slighlty different AVC Slice NAL over HTTP  depending on network conditions.  What I seee happening is that the video content relating to the first SPS/PPS entrys doesnt play but content using the 2nd SPS/PPS entry plays just fine.

These same videos play just fine on 11.1.102.63 and earlier versions of the flash player plugin, see http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp _11.1.102.
63_archive.zip

I can supply a sample video if required.

Is this a bug in the player? As it used to work and H264 analyser I use (H264Visa) has no problems with thses flash videos.

Flash Version: 11.2.202.233    flash version

Thanks

Declan

P.S I posted this same issue on another category that was only read only it said by mistake

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2012 Apr 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Declan,

It sounds like it's a bug.  Could you try this against Flash Player 11.3 beta 2, which we just released to see if it also occurs there?  If it does, please go ahead and open a new bug at bugbase.adobe.com and attach a copy of your dxdiag report and a link to some sample media.  Please post back with the bug URL and I'll investigate internally.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Thanks for looking into this, much appreciated.

Upgraded to Flash Player 11.3 beta 2 as recommended but still see the problem Im afraid. 

Opened a new bug as suggested, bug details can be found at this URL https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3169988

Included the "dxddiag" output to the bug as well as a video sample URL, let me know if you need more information.

Thanks

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the bug report (excellent detail btw).  Could you try two things for me please?

1.  Do you notice any difference if you disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player?

2.  I noticed your video drivers were dated 2010.  Could you update to the latest NVidia drivers to see if they help?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've observed exactly the same behavior with similary structured files (multilpe SPS/PPS in the decoder configuration record), and changing the hardware acceleration setting doesn't resolve the issue. I attached my DxDiag.txt to the bug.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 20, 2012 Apr 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Sorry but disabling HW acceleration made no difference during my tests. 

Will look at upgrading my drivers as you suggested.

Where you able to reproduce the issue with the sample I provided?

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the video on Google docs using 4 different systems.  Three Windows 7 x64 systems and a Macbook Pro.  I tested with Firefox 11, Chrome 18.0.1025.162 m and IE 9.  Unfortunately, the video worked fine for me in all cases.  I'd be very interested to know if updating your drivers helps.

Andrew, I see you have a laptop with Intel HD graphics.  Does this system also have an NVidia GPU?  If so, could you try updating your Nvidia drivers to see if they change anything?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Be aware that if you just watch the video directly in google docs (i.e. visit the URL in the bug description, then click the play icon), you'll see a version of the video that google has transcoded, and not Declan's original upload that demonstrates the bug.

Please see the attachement in the bug report, or use the (File menu -> Download) option in google docs to obtain the real video file that demonstrates this bug.

The system I'm using only has Intel HD graphics, with the latest driver available from Intel.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andrew, thanks, my mistake.  I'll download it and try it out.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've reproduced it on both Mac and Win.  I've forwarded this to the video team for their review.  I'll let you know what they say.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Chris. Much appreciated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our internal bug number on this is #3171924.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Can you run a quick status check on the internal bug you mentioned? (#3171924). I'm curious if there are any updates. Will the the corresponding public bugbase entry (#3169988) get updated from now on? I welcome any info you can provide and appreciate your help with the matter.

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates to the internal bug report (#3171924)?

Thanks,

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists in today's updates:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 11.2 release was security related only, and unfortunately we ran out of time for this issue with the 11.3 release.  It's up for consideration in the 11.4 build, and I'd like to suggest that everyone affected please take a minute and vote for this bug:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3169988

Having votes and comments letting us know how this impacts your busness will allow us to prioritize appropriately.

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

Adobe have indicated that they have fixed this bug in the Flash Player.  See internal bug number https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3169988.

I was wondering if its possible to get a beta version of the FLash Plugin with this fix from Adobe.

Also have you when the next public release of the player is planned with this fix? As I understand it was targetted for version 11.4. Can you confirm if thats the case and when 11.4 is scheduled for release.

Thanks

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

This issue is still a problem on the latest publically available release of the Flash Player "Flash Player 11.3.300.268". 

Any idea what release this fix will be present in?

Thanks

Declan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Declan,

Could you give our 11.4 labs release a try and let me know how it works for you?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 21, 2012 Apr 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Andrew thank for jumping in and sorting out the confusion on the sample I provideed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think I have the same issue as Declan, since I have updated my player version to 11.2.202.233, my webcam does not function on sites. It will go on, the microphone works but the video is a still picture and usually dark. My cam works fine on MSN, and I can watch all videos from any sites, only on registered sited I can NOT use my webcam.

I also have installed the other new version you mention, 11.3 and nothing still the same. Everthing was fine before, it's about 2-3 weeks now this has happened and I would really like a solution.

I have windows 7.

Moe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines