5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2012 5:38 AM by caladium1 RSS

Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.

caladium1

I am unable to print out a standard picture package using PSE 10 with a Mac.   I like to print 3 4" X 6" Pic Package with different images.  It is impossible. I had a PC and Elements 8 before with no problem.  I followed all the help instructions to no avail.  What can I do?

• 1. Re: Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.
          Barbara B. CommunityMVP

What happens when you try? It should work just fine to go to File>Picture Package, choose 3 4x6 and click the zones to change the images.

• 2. Re: Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.
            caladium1 Community Member

Barbara,

Thank you for responding. Your tips would have worked and is exactly what I did when I had ELements 8 with a PC. My PC was destroyed by lightening a few months ago and I bought a Mac Lap top. I was unable to transfer Elements 8 so I upgraded to 10 with Mac. With Mac, I am unable to find a 3 4" X 6" (example) picture package in PSE 10 Editor (I am not interested in using the organizer). The MAC operating system is very different than with a PC and quite frustrating working with Adobe. I need to size the Pic Package (I can do that now) and with that the same image is repeated no matter what I do. Using a Mac seems to change the process. Following Adobe instructions, nothing changes. I am unable to add any more images to the package (Something that was simple before).

I am considering, with trial adding light room, (love the colors) but feel I need to straighten these issues out first. My interest is both simple photography and art prints from my fine art.

Barbara G

• 3. Re: Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.
              Barbara B. CommunityMVP

With Mac, I am unable to find a 3 4" X 6" (example) picture package in PSE 10 Edito

File>Picture Package>choose 8x10 for the working area and you should see:

Screen Shot 2012-04-24 at 5.28.09 PM.png

Then go up to the top and choose an image. It will appear in all the zones. Just click a zone in the preview to change to another image. It's actually a more robust package than in organizer--you can save it as a file, for one thing, instead of having to recreate it each time. All printing in the mac version happens from editor, so that's where they put the picture package and contact sheet. You can also create and save custom layouts via the Edit Layout button. This is the same picture package and contact sheet that came for many years in PS, so if you look for PS tutorials (pre-CS6) you should be able to find very detailed instructions.

• 4. Re: Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.

Thank you. I will try that.

• 5. Re: Standard Picture Packages using PSE 10 with a Mac.

I followed the first part of your tips and it worked very well. Thanks. I like the opportunity to add images from any any file to a picture package. I am still having a lot of difficulty using images in the open file-project bin in the picture package (with different images). If I use an image from the bin to replace an image in the package, the resize, constraint, etc. seems complicated. It is difficult and does not fall within the 4 x 6 that I have chosen. I would like to do the same thing with the open files/project bin that is now possible with general files.