9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 5:06 PM by Dear Hunter RSS

photoshop elements 10

Dear Hunter Community Member

I have photoshop elements 10, when I go into file and open a new blank file I get a bar about 1/2 inch tall and about 5 inches wide in the work space. I have tried to resize the blank file, fit to screen, immage size, canvas size and scale. I have removed the program from my computer and then re-installed it. Nothing works or makes a difference. How can I fix this problem.

• 1. Re: photoshop elements 10
          Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Choose a different preset in the File>New>Blank File window menu. What happens quite often is that PSE is defaulting to a size that would accommodate whatever is in the clipboard. If that's a line of text you happened to copy in another program, you'll get a long skinny grayscale file. Or are you saying that if you choose, say 4x6 at 300 ppi, you still get the long skinny file?

• 2. Re: photoshop elements 10

How do I remove this item from clipboard. I opened file and tried to click and drag to trash, but it wouldn't work.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

• 3. Re: photoshop elements 10
              Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Just close it without saving it and make a new file using a different preset. There are plenty to choose from.

• 4. Re: photoshop elements 10

I want to thank you for your help, and ask if you can tell me how to make size changes. I am trying to print an Adobe PDF file. The paper size is set at 9.72x11.69, I am wanting to print the file on 8.5x11. How do I go about changing the print size?

Thank you

Dave

• 5. Re: photoshop elements 10
                  Barbara B. CommunityMVP

I don't understand quite what you are asking. Are you saying you have a paper size of 9.72 X 11.69 or that your image is that size? Also are you using mac or windows? Printing from editor or organizer?

• 6. Re: photoshop elements 10

Hi

I received a document that is in adobe pdf format. When I open the file near the bottom a window opens when you pass over it. It shows the size of the paper it is set to print on (9.72x11.69). I need to find a way to change that number to the paper size I am printing on (8.5x11). I am using windows 7, can you explain to me how to do that?

Thanks

• 7. Re: photoshop elements 10
                      photodrawken Community Member

Open the PDF file in Acrobat, choose "Print", and select "Fit" to paper size.

Ken

• 8. Re: photoshop elements 10
                        Barbara B. CommunityMVP

That is not the paper size, but the file dimensions. In any case, what Ken suggests should do it.

• 9. Re: photoshop elements 10

Hi

What Ken said put me on the path that I needed. I opened the file, clicked print. When it opened I went to properties and clicked on page layout. The I clicked on the reduce/enlarge/document. And that did the trick. Please share this with Ken. I want to thank you both very much, the documents I was trying to print are very important to my organization and all the people with disabilities that we assist with their needs.

Thank you Barb and Ken,

Dave