1 person found this helpful
I think all creative cloud people get a webBasic, none of the hooks. You want those as an uspell as a business which I can understand.
I think the team has been just super focused to get everything finished in time. To be fair I think it was not till Max that BC really got the "In" for the Creative Cloud and have literally been full on to get things done in time to be able to be integrated with it. That is why things have been a bit lack luster in terms of real updates. Sucks but you can partly understand.
Anyway.. I think the info will start rolling out in the next few weeks about it in more detail, I think it is a matter of - stay tuned.
You get webbasics (the most basic account) with CCM. If you want to upgrade you move to a higher plan like you do now.
1 person found this helpful
If you want to find out more about Creative Cloud and what it means to BC you can join the Townhall meetings tomorrow. We will have this as one of the subjects.
Australian meeting is as 5PM, the US/EU meeting is at 6PM CET/10 AM PST.
The meeting URL is this: http://my.adobeconnect.com/bcpartners/
Hope to see you there.
Not sure if I will be able to attend but I hope a blog post with the information will be available after the event. => Thanks!
I will have a recording available for the sessions, so you will get to see it afterwards if you want to.
Can you send me a link to the recording as well? Would have attended but did not know when the event was. Signed up for the first one back in March but was unable to attend, never heard when the next event was scheduled. How can we get a schedule for future Townhall meetings?
She posts them up on the Blog Barry.
Just saw that yesterdays meetiing was posted. I had not been following the Blog religiously until resently and missed the last meeting post with audio that listed yesterdays meeting date, shame on me, that will never happen again....
Hi Magda, I have watched the recording of the April Town Hall Meeting and really regret not attending now! I will make sure I get there for the next one.
The new DW integration with BC looks great. Amazing to be able to go into BC Admin, which I call BC back end, by just clicking a tab, instead of having to have a browser open on my other screen to check things.
I still do have a couple of questions from the meeting though:
1. With Creative Cloud, does subscription give you access to Adobe software, or is there also a charge for the software? I can't work that out from everything I have read. I have a really old version of DW, InDesign and Photoshop, and need to pay a full $1500 fee for CS6. So if I can get access to the latest versions of those programs for $65 a month, that is a lot easier for our business to handle.
2. With the new DW, with the new integration with BC, when you preview in a browser, is the preview online and live? (rather than looking at the file saved on your hard drive) if so that is a great improvement
3. With the File download all sites option, will downloading the 86 sites our business has take very long do you think? It looks really great for doing webpage and customisation backups. I understand that I will still need to download data dumps of webapp items, newsletter members and shop products by going in to the back end, but that looks like a great time saver.
4. With templates, at the moment in DW, I cannot access the templates area in a BC site by creating a template folder on the local site in DW (on my hard drive), making a template and then uploading it. BC gets confused and does not add it to the templates list in the back end. So I have to create a blank template in BC back end, then download to DW and work on it, remembering to save it as a .html file and not a .dwt file. I can create a stylesheet in DW in a stylesheets folder on my local drive and upload OK. I would be interested to see how the CSS side of things, linking templates to a stylesheet etc are now done.
Overall, I can see that for our little business joining the Creative Cloud is what all three staff will need to do, instead of our various versions of Adobe products we are using at the moment. (My husband will have to have his Photoshop 7 version pried off him! lol! He has so far refused to update it.)
This is all a brave new world for us, as we have been with BC since 2006 and learned how to do all this on the job, with a bit of web training at TAFE in between. I can see a greater learning curve here! But I am getting a bit less worried about it all now. Vlad has been doing a great job counselling me in various posts, including our LinkedIn group.
The good news is that for the monthly fee you get everything. All the software is included in that fee, with no upgrade price attached to it. It is indeed much easier to manage from a cashflow perspective.
For the Dreamweaver questions I will ask one of my technical colleagues to answer, since I am not the right person to cover that.
Just one extra note. There are some really good video tutorials on http://tv.adobe.com You should check them out. It would help you with the learning curve . I know it helped me quite a lot, when I was learning some of the Adobe products.
When you preview in Browser, it will still need to be the live version. There is no way to view locally yet as it would require some sort of BC server to be installed.
Thanks for this! It is good to know, and for our business Creative Cloud
is the way of the future, I can see that.
Yes those tutorials will be good. I also use InDesign to produce epubs,
so I will need to find out about the new features in that as well.
One thing I am having trouble with today, is I can't find the login for
the forums. It is not showing on the forums page for me, so I have had
to reply to this email instead of jumping in to the forum. Any idea why
this is happening? I can log jobs, but don't want to wait a day to get
an answer from them.
I know I am not logged in to the forums when I view them, as there is no
reply button on the posts.
Is there some maintenance going on for the forum login at the moment
while the USA sleeps?
I have attached a screen shot, so you can see that the login link is not
on the page for me.
Also, it would be really good to have the hours that livechat is
available right under the red Live Chat button, so I don't have to go to
another screen to find out when I can get it.
Rangs Graphics& Design
0448 799 558
You should be able to see the Sign In link on the forums page:
The chat is available from 5pm Sun to 5pm Fri PST.
Found it now! Its a tiny blue link in the top LEFT hand corner. At least it was for me. Maybe some maintenance was going on?
I am not having any problems with the first link, which just signs you
in to the jobs area.
The second screenshot you have has a login link that simply was not
there when I was trying to get into the forums this morning. (I have
attached a screenshot). I did find it later in the top LEFT hand corner.
Must have been some maintenance happening.
What to do. I am in now!
Rangs Graphics& Design
0448 799 558
I have subcrbied to creative cloud with web basics for business catalyst.
I can't seem to get any site templates as per http://tv.adobe.com/watch/learn-business-catalyst/01-getting-started-with-your-bc-partner- account/
by John Ulliman
Also is there a way to download Business Catalyst to Muse as you can for Dreamweaver?
Those templates are for the WebCommerce plan, not for the WebBasics. Also, those templates can be chosen only when you create your site from a partner portal or by using this link: https://syd.worldsecuresystems.com/PartnerPortal/FreeTrialSignup.aspx#splash . Please note that for an webcommerce site, you cannot use your free subscription, and you should pay our usual hosting fees to take it live: http://www.adobe.com/products/business-catalyst/buying-guide-subscriptions.html .
Muse is completely integrated with BC, you do not need to download an extension as for the Dreamweaver versions prior CS6 . You create your site in Muse, and when ready you use the "Publish" button and enter the site name.
I hope this information was useful, please let me know if I can assist you further.
Love Muse - totally disappointed with busness catalyst.
1. I took the time to do the tutorials and at not ritime do any of them say they are for the basic package or any other packages for that matter.
2. When I uploaded Muse the master page was not set as a template so additonal pages needed to made by duplication rather than by reusing the master page - I would call this not to hot integration.
3. When I tried to add a form - which was about the limit of my basic package to try it - it could not be place correctly using the wsywig editor interface. I had no ability to move on the page to where I wanted.
4. My Dashboard page looks nothing like the tutorials - much of the navigation is missing or quite different to the description in the Video tutorials and the written turorials
For instance the incontext editing - comes under Site editor not the navigation button 'Web' as described.
Basically BC has been a totally frustrating experience and not worth the effort. And is overpriced for the fully functioning versions.
I am sorry you had a bad experience with Business Catalyst.
1. The tutorials have been created for the WebCommerce plan. Our User Interface is in an upgrade process, right now in a beta version, and we are waiting for this to be over before updating the tutorials.
2.The integration between Muse and BC allows you to publish the site as you have designed in Muse. If you need to add more pages to the site, you should done it in Muse, and republish the site. Business Catalyst is using templates, but not in the same way Muse does. You can use html files uploaded to BC to create a template, and to use it on the new pages created on BC. If you need help with this, please contact my colleagues from support.
3. The integrations between Muse and BC is in a continue evolution, and starting with the new Muse release, you will be able to create web forms in Muse using the Widgets library , and publish them to BC . For your issue with the page please contact my colleagues from support - from your site dashboard - help & support, either by creating a case or via chat
4. The tutorials have been created for the WebCommerce plan. Our User Interface is in an upgrade process, right now in a beta version, and we are waiting for this to be over before updating the tutorials.