• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved via my network my software from my macbook pro to my new mac mini and since have been unable to open dreamweaver. I download the Adobe Installer asked directed and it as well fails to initialize. I then open the Support advisor and it sends me to the forums... vicious circle!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you move the install files or did you just copy over the Applicatons themselves?  Have you tried running the uninstaller located in the Applications>Utilities>Adobe Installers folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both but did not uninstall and will do so now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My uninstall is an alias which seems to have no original...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you probably did not move over that component.  You can try the cleanup tool located within CS5 Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once this has removed all components please install from the installer as opposed to trying to copy the application from one computer to another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cleaner tool does not recognize that there is any 5.5 software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then apparently you did not copy over enough files for clean tool to even recognize the installation. 

Is this a new Mac you are trying to install the software on to?  If so the most expedient course at the moment would be to simply format, reinstall, and then install from your installation media.  You can then copy over your documents and settings from the other computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a new Mac that I am trying to install onto. What do you mean "format"? Sorry for the surely silly question!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well basically it would be returning the computer back to the condition it was in when you took it out of the box.  Which version of Mac OS are you using on your computer and I can try locating an Apple technical document on the process.

Alternately if you wish to try to resolve the issue with the currently installed operating system you can follow ths steps listed in Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html to manually review your logs and determine what is causing your current difficulty.

I do recommend though returning the computer back to it's original state though and then doing an install from the install media.  I have seen users spend hours trying to recover from doing the exact same thing you have done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks, even if the news is bad! I will erase and start again. Please tell me if this is correct however... I will go to my utilitiies folder and click on Disk Utility/click on erase/click on the drive/click on the erase button. Thanks again for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No that would just format the drive.  Assuming you are using 10.7 you will want to use the Recovery partition.  OS X Lion: About Lion Recovery - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718 has some information about how you can get started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines