• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manage hyperlinks when linking to Word documents?

Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have just bought RoboHelp 9.0, so please be indulgent if stupid question or bad english (this is not my primary language).

My source of documentation is a bunch of Word documents.

Each Word document is related to a category in RoboHelp project.

I'd like to insert hyperlinks into categories.

But if the Word document has changed outside RohoHelp, I have to update it using the Project manager and the hyperlinks defined in RoboHelp will be lost.

How to keep inserted hyperlinks?

If not possible, how to write hyperlinks in Word that will be correctly interpreted by RoboHelp?

As a beginner I would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can have links in a Word document and they can be retained in RoboHelp. See Importing Word Docs on my site.

However, that is only for links within the document, not links to other topics. If you add those manually, they will be lost on update. There is an option to prevent updating that is covered in the above page. However, that rather defeats the object.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp