1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 26, 2012 2:08 AM by iware RSS

Indesign Events handling in my AIR CS Extension for Indesign

I wanted to be able, from my indesign extension developped with CS Extension Builder in Actionscript/AIR, to catch the events defined in com.adobe.indesign.Event.* and handle them in this. same extension

How Am i supposed to do that ? I can't find a way.

And in the same idea, is it possible to catch an event of the type "when user double click on a frame in an opened indesin document" or anything like that ?

Here is what i tryed in my actionscript code for a simple AFTER_OPEN event i tried to catch :

this.app.eventListeners.add(com.adobe.indesign.Event.AFTER_OPEN, afterOpenHandler);

(where this.app = InDesign.app;)

private function afterOpenHandler(e:Event):void {

//handling event code here

But it was not a real surprise when it drops an error : the add() function doesnt take a simple function name as second parameters like you do in actionscript, but an "Object" or a "javascript function". How Im supposed to handle this event in my actionscript now ? is this only possible ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance for your time !

PS: I also tried a dozen unsuccessful attempt like Casting my function as an Object Type in the eventListeners.add() arguments and so on....