• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I install CS5.5 Design Premium on an external hard drive?

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am going to install CS5.5 Design Premium on my computer but I wanted to ask if I could install it on an external hard drive.

My purpose is just saving the programs on it, not using the programs on the computers I want by connecting the hard drive.

Is this possible?
Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit confused from the last statement .......

You want to use the program from external drive or from your hard drive.

Also can you let us know your OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick answer,

First of all, I am using Windows Vista.

-

I want to use programs from the external drive if it is possible. I just wanted to say that my purpose isn' t connecting the drive to different computers and using the programs on them too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's possible, but you have to make sure that

a) your drive is detected as a fixed drive as if it were built-in

b) you do not change any of the configuration afterward

The installer otherwise will refuse to install on removable media and changing e.g. the drive letter later will render the whole install defunct.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know in which perspective Mylenium said it's possible...Would love to know it....If mylenium can explain

You said that you want to use your external drive to use the software on different computers and use the program,

In my point if view, this certainly cannot be done because there are lot of licensing files , database files, and registry entries made on the local drive , which cannot be moved to different computer , you will be moving the program but not the files to run it.

I installed the software on my E:\ drive and it worked fine but then I have to format the C:\ , and then when I tried to open teh application from the E"\ , it gave me the error , so I beleieve some native files do remain on computer to properly run the application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood it just the other way around - he's only gonan use it on his own machien, so no problem there.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

U bet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines