• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conflict between CS5.5 and Microsoft Office 2007 Programs?

Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Adobe CS5.5 Suite for Web and 2 times it has failed during installation. Afterwards none of my Microsoft Office programs will run anymore. This includes Excle, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer 8, etc. When I double click them, the hour glass comes up for a half second, then nothing, no error message at all. There was a Java update that took place during the process the first time. After the first issue my PC was re-imaged and everything reinstalled. I am running Windows XP and Office 2007.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Office is running correctly at the moment?  Creative Suite 5.5 should work fine with Office 2007.  Did you receive any error messages during the installation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, all of my Office programs just give a half second hourglass then nothing happens, they don't open, they don't show in my activity list. Because the install comes from our IT department as a push it doesn't look like a normal Adobe install. The error I get just says the installation failed, close this window. Not sure if the problem is with the Adobe software, Microsoft software, or somewhere in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you reimaged the drive and then attempted to reinstall the Adobe applications again?  After your computer was reimaged were the Office applications working? 

If you have tried to reinstall you can utilize the Adobe Support Advisor - http://www.adobe.com/support/loganalyzer/ to automatically review your install logs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After reimage everything worked fine. Then when the install got to 14% it failed, then immediately nothing would start up anymore. I will forward that link to my IT department. They are as baffled by this as me. They did say it happened to another employee this week as well. All of my coworkers are running CS4 I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines