Mail can't verify the identity of "samreesor.com"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Cam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Hi Cam,

It's "technically" not valid because your incoming mail server is mail.samreesor.com which then connects to worldsecuresystems.com which is what BC (secure) runs on.

There's nothing wrong with this message as you know (and trust hopefully) the server you're connecting too. Mail's just informing you that your server name and the originating host name are different, which is what it says at the top of that box. If it's something else that you weren't familiar will, you'd be suspicious.

Clic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cam,

This artice contains detailed step-by-step instructions on how to set up Mac Mail - http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/924/cpsid_92462.html

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI:

I did all that but I still get that certificate validation message.

What do I need to know about that certificate? Why is it not valid?

Is it because the doamin is private and uses a proxy?

Thanks,

Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cam,

It's "technically" not valid because your incoming mail server is mail.samreesor.com which then connects to worldsecuresystems.com which is what BC (secure) runs on.

There's nothing wrong with this message as you know (and trust hopefully) the server you're connecting too. Mail's just informing you that your server name and the originating host name are different, which is what it says at the top of that box. If it's something else that you weren't familiar will, you'd be suspicious.

Click on Trust underneath and select the option to "Always trust this certificate." This will stop the message from continually showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm actually not too sure why you'd get that warning mentioning worldsecuresystems.com. You are connecting to mail.samreesor.com, which is a CNAME to mail.samreesor.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com

see here - http://www.dnswatch.info/dns/dnslookup?la=en&host=mail.samreesor.com&type=A&submit=Resolve

There is no SSL certificate on samreesor.com. If you want to use SSL try connecting to mail.samreesor.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com. Make sure you also use a secure port.

Otherwise, untick the SSL and connect to mail.samreesor.com and bob's your uncle.

Cheers,

-mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines