6 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2012 4:39 PM by chris.campbell RSS

Clicking only works on some items in flash games

bscott1238 Community Member

Hi, I just had to restore my Dell Latitude D610 laptop by reinstalling Windows XP Pro (32-bit).  Before I started having problems with the laptop, the flash game that I play regularly was working fine.  Now, I have downloaded the latest version of Flash Player from the Adobe website and installed it.  I also downloaded and installed shockwave just to make sure that wasn't the problem.  The game that I play loads up fine and some items that I click work fine.  Other items do nothing when I click them when they used to work fine before.  I thought maybe it was my touchpad driver, so I reinstalled that with no improvement.  The game works fine on my desktop computer.  It's really strange because my game appears as normal, but certain items won't work when clicked.  It's as if a certain mouse click event isn't working or something.

Any ideas?  I've tried everything I can think of.  Even updated my embedded graphics card driver.  I also tried an external USB mouse, and it still doesn't work.

Thanks!