• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my existing content pages appearing blank in RH7?

Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in RoboHelp 7.  Some of my existing pages appear blank in the tool, but when I do a Preview or generate the final output, the content appears in the viewer window.  It also appears to the end-user just fine.  I have tried importing the file again and also re-typing the information, to no avail.

Kate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do these blank pages use nested dropdowns? Nested dropdowns do not play nicely in RoboHelp 7.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, they do.  It doesn’t happen to all of my pages, just some.  I normally don’t notice which pages are having problems, until I access the page in order to make an edit.  and then the page is blank!  it’s frustrating.

I hate to change the layout of one page – to remove the drop-down, because all of my pages have drop-downs.  and in order to make the pages look consistent across the board, I’d need to update 3,000+ topics (and I’m the only writer in my division).

I know – the next thing you’ll say is that my project is too big.  ☺  that’s one thing I’m working on…eventually I want to use DITA.

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some more questions:

• What happens when you import the pages in a new project?
  • Is the zoom set to 100%
  • Does restarting RoboHelp help?

If this doesn't help, I'm afraid you've run into a glitch. Sorry, but there's not much to do about it. The behaviour improved in newer versions of RoboHelp.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Importing the pages into a new project doesn’t help. The zoom is set to 100%. I can open pages other the same project and they appear fine.

I’ve tried restarting RoboHelp and that doesn’t help either. It must be a glitch…..which supports my desire to move to DITA.

Thanks for your help,

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If specific topics always cause the same problem, send me one along with the CSS you use. See the Contact page on my site, for these two files it's OK to attach them to the email.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp