• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Failed to back up the data. A fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I am working on a content development using captivate 5.5. all of sudden I am not able slide view I am not able to view the text captions in slide view but i am able to see the text caption in Filmstrip. and when I am selecting another side it throwing below error and application ends.

---------------------------

Adobe Captivate

A fatal error has occured and the application is being terminated. Adobe Captivate has tried to save all your work in the respective project folders as ".cpbackup" files.

Please restart Adobe Captivate.

OK  

I have a deliverable by this weekend if some can help to resolve this issue will be appreciated.

Note: when first time it crashed, I re-created the course again from scratch and its crashed again. I have multiple attempt to finish this course but no luck.

Please help me out to deliver my work.

Thanks

CD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have the exact same problem.Renaming the backup file per this post http://forums.adobe.com/message/4055726 didn't work. I can open the file and see the text boxes even though they're now showing as empty. Is there any way to recover the file?

Yes, we were using a network drive but now we've switched to locally stored content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources