• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topic titles in Search always showing up in English

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working with a RoboHelp HTML v8 project with 247 topics.  Inside each topic, we are using conditional build tags to mark the content for each language inside each topic.  So for each topic file, it has a section of English text, French text, German text, etc.  Each marked with a build tag indicative of the language.  When I compile each CHM file for each language and open one of the non-English help files and click on Search and enter text, the topic titles shown are in English.  If you click on one of those in the list, you see the preview of that topic with the appropriate translation shown.  My question is if there is a way to get a translated topic title to show in the search results list instead of the English text? 

The only way I see to do this is to create multiple topic files (a new topic file for each language for each existing topic file in our project).  I would rather avoid having to do this.  Is there any other way of doing it?  Thanks! 

Shannon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum Shannon.

That's a known problem with setting things up the way you have. Take a look at Ben Minson's article. Click here.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  We are currently supporting 11 other languages.  I really hated to go that path, but it probably is the only way.   

If we upgrade to RoboHelp 9, will the issue still be the same? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry to say, yes it will be the same.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp