Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Page Titles and Descriptions

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Folks,

How do I create an editable field in a template so that I can add <Title> and meta descriptions to individual pages?  Many Thanks for the help, I'm not the most skilled coder!

john

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The field "Page Title" is used in the <title> tag. In V2 there there was an option to add a meta description but I don't see it in V3. Not ideal but you should be able to add it in the html view of the page content and BC will move it to the head for you on the live site.

Brian - BCGurus.com - http://bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get the team to sort this in the new UI.

Trust me when I say there are a few options but its a real mess right now, lots of bugs which have been passed on and I hope they sort them all out as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the insight, I'll keep an eye on this in V3 (still using V2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heck, it was sitting right there to the right of the dashboard page editor.  tested it out, it works...  easy enough.  Thanks much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes and no, be very careful.

- Using that will add head and body html to your page content even if you use a template. Check out the html. Not good.

- If you add a description, remove it and add it again or edit it you get empty description tags inserted into the head above the current description meta.

- If you/client has used the Old interface meta stuff then use that it will add to your meta not change it.

- Page Title for pages, products etc is not synced with that inline on a page/product name/web app name and so changing that will either double up again or not update the title depending on what your in be it a page or product.

^ That is just a few of the more obvious issues with that.

So keep that in mind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines