• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photoshop cs5.1 will not initialize instillation...

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime i try and install photoshop on my macbook pro, it says setup failed to initialize. any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5

Really. And we need much more info. If this is e.g. a 13" MBP, then it may not meet some system requirement. Likewise there is any number of other potential issues due to an older version of OSX or the hardware being one of those older 32bit only machines... Please clarify!

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a 15" macbook pro running lion 10.7.3 it has a 2.4 ghz intel core 3 duo processor and 6 gb of ram. there is no reason it shouldnt work on this machine besides the fact that something is gone wrong software wise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. But really, provide the install logs and we will see. No point in talking about these issues without some tangible information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant get to the installatino. it attempts to initilize but it fails at that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you check in new user account...

Also are you installing the software using the DVD or downloaded version.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both, and they have not worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it fails, it produces a log or at least an entry in your global system log. If you cannot provide more info yourself e.g. by watching Activity Monitor and picking out the pertinent info from your system's Log Viewer application, I'm not sure what we can do for you. Just saying that it doesn't work is as useful as female lingerie to a football player... (though you never know.... ).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where can i locate the log?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since it did not even begin to install i can not locate a log for this, this is the mesage that comes up Screen Shot 2012-04-28 at 12.24.38 PM.png

i run adobe support advisor, but it does not detect any problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try one of the following.

Sometimes, if the date/time on your computer are incorrect, this error may be triggerred.

Clear all temp files, and then try again.

Also have a look at the following document. it'll probably help if the suggestions above dont.http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-error-messages-bootstrapper-cs5.html

Let us know if any of these help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i used the cs5 cleaner tool, this solved the problem! thanks everyone for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Per the document which Mylenium posted, in the beginning of this thread, you will need to review the PDApp.log file.  You can find more details under Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html.  I would recommend reviewing Analyze the Creative Suite 5 or CS5.5 PDapp log section.

Short of posting the PDApp.log into the forums, which is very confusing to read as it can be quite a lot of text, it would be best for these issues to review the log yourself or work with our support team.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines