4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2012 7:27 AM by Laubender RSS

Help on scrollable frame with buttons linking to an MSO?

HugoKing321 Community Member

I've just started to look at an idea using maps which I wanted to take further if possible but I'm having problems getting it to work already.

The layout has a large world map (built in Illustrator) with a visual key to indicate the destinations (featured in the MSO). I added invisible Indesign frames as buttons over the destinations linking to the MSO outside of the scrollable frame which changes state when users click on the buttons.

- Illustrator map file placed on pasteboard, frames added over Ai file and converted to buttons with on click events to the MSO.

- I group the map and buttons, cut and paste into a new frame, set that frame to a scrollable frame.

When I preview through the Adobe content viewer the buttons don't work and I just activate the OS chrome. I've tested the buttons work from the interactive preview window so it seems something must be happening when I create the scrollable frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried another simpler version but get same problems, so not sure how to troubleshoot the issue further.