• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word Import problems - Split on Style

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2006 Oct 17, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm running Robohelp X5 and Word 2003. I'm trying to produce HTML help. The Word document I'm trying to import is complex but not overly long. It is formatted through Word Styles consistantly. When I try to import it into Robohelp the Import Word Document Wizard: Split on Style returns a message 'No allowable paragraph styles found to split on. The document will not be split'
I have also noticed that Word has problems converting this document into HTML. However, I can find to errors in the dot file, or anywhere else for that matter.
Has anyone else had a similar problem?
If so were you able to determine what was causing the glitch?
Thanks, John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2006 Oct 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just ran into this issue today for the first time, and I haven't figured out the cause or the solution yet. Were you able to find one? MelC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum to both of you.

I've no idea what the problem is but if one or both of you would like to zip up a file and send it to me, I'll try to find the cause.

Click my username.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your help. I was just looking at your own site for information when I received your reply from the forum. I've sent you a zipped copy of the file, which ironically is a chapter on "importing." I've tried all the usual things recommended, including changing the language from Spanish to US English, removing extra styles, attaching the Normal template and so on. MelC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, I just found a solution, although I still don't know the cause, but it appears related to Word rather than RoboHelp. I pressed the Show/Hide button in Word (sorry I forget what it's called, but I think it's the equivalent of "Reveal Codes"). I did a Select All, and then removed the last code on the last page. I copied and pasted it into a new doc, and the new doc imported correctly. MelC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp