• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed 11.2 but getting prompts to install again

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2012 Apr 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i was prompted to download the newest adobe flash player - 11.2 so i can watch youtube and see the things i'm putting on there. But now i keep getting prompted to install this - EVEN though the installation fails because i already have it installed. Why does the internet services keep blocking me from watching the videos on youtube and interacting on other sites, even though i have the version of flash player installed!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What is your web browser?

What Flash Player version do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  I just installed the latest Version a few minutes ago.  It tells me that it is installed and running, but when I get to the Jacqui Lawson website to look at the e-cards, I am prompted to download the latest version of the Flashplayer again.  I run Win 7, 64-bit, with IE 9.  Does it have something to do with the 64-bit??  I was able to preview the cards until a few weeks ago.  Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use the 32-bit or 64-bit edition of IE9?

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pat,  There is a Macromedia under both: system32 and Syswow64.  However, I was looking around the Internet for answers and somebody mentioned that in IE9 under Manageaddons, Safety, ActiveXFiltering, should not have a tick.  I unticked it and now the Flashplayer works.  Thanks for your help.  Helga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines