3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2012 6:46 AM by haveto RSS

anyone having any luck setting up a multi server set up using IIS7 and win2008r2

haveto

i seem to have a situation where i can connect to the website through the enterprise manager but i cant browse the site from with in IIS nor can i link the site from a web browser

• 1. Re: anyone having any luck setting up a multi server set up using IIS7 and win2008r2
          haveto Community Member

i have created two instances using enterprise manager, from within the instance manager i can bring up and browse both sites. after configuring IIS 7.5 and using the web server configuration tool  im still not able to access the websites via IIS. any idea what may be happening?

• 2. Re: anyone having any luck setting up a multi server set up using IIS7 and win2008r2
            hemant_k Employee Hosts

Can you describe the issue that you are facing in this scenario?

• 3. Re: anyone having any luck setting up a multi server set up using IIS7 and win2008r2
              haveto Community Member

I’m running on 2008R2 using IIS7.5.  I built two websites using the enterprise manager set up all the mappings, data sources, custom tags and copied the content over from our existing cf9 environment. Then using the IIS management console I configured the two websites as I have always done with previous versions of coldfusion\iis (we have been using CF since the MacroMedia days and have always ran in the Multiserver Mode on IIS). Once those two tasks were complete I use the web server configuration tools to establish the redirect. However it doesn’t seem to work at all. I can get to the web content by using the browse function within the coldfusion enterprise manager but when I go to the IIS manager and try to browse the websites I get the default IIs splash screen . I’m not even sure how that is happening because I have the website pointing to www root for each of the web site with the default document of INDEX.CFM.

That being said late in the day Friday I stumble across something however. If I went into the wsconfig for each website I may have been able to get one of the to work the other may be having some coding issues. Because of all of the changes I was making to try and resolve the issue I rolled back and have basically started over with a clean install. I want to verify that finding. Without anything else being done. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Adam