Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone explain how to download an older version of Flash?*

Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased a PC game by PlayFirst. Install went quickly, normally, and nothing unusual came up.  I double clicked (later tried through start menu with same results) the desktop icon and this came up, which it should:

First Screen.jpg

So, I push 'play' and recieve this screen:

Second Screen.jpg

I looked at the PlayFirst website, and the only advice I could find on it was that some users encountered an error and this was probably due to the newer version of Flash.  So, I went to download the 9th version of Flash, which they said to do, but the problem it, I have no idea how to download it.

Adobe gives no advice {that I can find} and I'm not very experienced in this type of thing. 

Here is the readme file that came with the download (hoping this works, because, like I said, new to this type of thing):

file:///C:/Users/Cosette/Documents/readme.html

And here is a shot of the folders contained in the download:

Third Screen.jpg

If anyone knows how to install this, or could tell me what I am doing wrong, I would really appreciate it!

And I did uninstall the previous flash version.  I used the downloaded uninstaller from Adobe's site.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

This page was originally setup for developers who needed to test their Flash content against older players.  Each link is a zip file that contains all of the different types of installers for every platform.  Unfortunately, the filenames and folders aren't very user friendly.

What operating system and browser are you using?  Do you already have Flash Player installed and need to roll back?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

thanks for your help, but the page you linked says nothing about HOW to install one of these players. I have the same problem, I downloaded one version but how do you install it? I can't seem to figure that part out.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page was originally setup for developers who needed to test their Flash content against older players.  Each link is a zip file that contains all of the different types of installers for every platform.  Unfortunately, the filenames and folders aren't very user friendly.

What operating system and browser are you using?  Do you already have Flash Player installed and need to roll back?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I finally got my problem solved- I assume my flash downloaded right, mostly because I've seen nothing to the contrary.  However, the game I was trying to run needed to be ran as XP, through properties. 

Rsomaht: What I did is I used Adobe Uninstaller, then unzipped the folder into a new on in my docs.  After that I went to the newet version (think it's 27 something, but not completely sure) and double clicked and ran all the install files inside the version folder I had choosen.  I couldn't find anything else that seemed like it would install Flash, and google search was no help.  I hope you can figure it out!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working on addressing this issue internally (I'd like to greatly simplify the process), in the meantime I'll create a new FAQ with the steps currently required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines