• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install/activate CS4 on a dual boot Snow Leopard & Lion??

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have recently upgraded to an iMac Dual Core machine running Lion. Many apps don't work on Lion, so we are partitioning & making a dual boot to be able to run cs4 on Snow Leopard. Can we do this?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Gml-ann-arbor completing the steps in Error "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html should have resolved your difficulties.  Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed within the document.

Alternately you can work with our support team and let them know you are receiving the error, "Licensing has stopped working," and they will work through the steps listed within the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to indulge, just keep in mind that each OS still counts as a separate activation, so you already spend your 2 activations on the same machine and won't be able to use the software on another one.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2012 Mar 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we know what all apps dont work on Lion and what is happening with them?

Ideally the CS4 is compatible with Lion and should not give issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I have a similar problem to M_Ariotti, although I still have good install disks.

I had a snow leo disk with CS4 that I upgraded to lion (I deactivated in snow leopard first) then activated. Let's call that disk 1. That worked fine. Now I installed Lion on a second disk in my laptop (disk 2).

I deactivated CS4 on disk 1. I tried to install CS4 on disk 2 but the installer won't run because it requires rosetta. Any solution for that?

As a second approach, I tried copying the deactivated applications from disk 1 to disk 2 but those applications give an error #6 when I try to run them to enter my CS4 serial number. Any solution for that problem?

Thanks much for any help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gml-ann-arbor I would recommend reviewing Known issues | Adobe on Mac OS 10.7 Lion - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/known-issues-mac-os-10.html.  Are you also receiving an error message stating that you have exceeded your activation count?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'm not receiving an activation count error message unless that's part of what "Error 6" means. I had reviewed the Mac OS 10 "know issues" page but didn't find a resolution to my problem there. It states that applications in CS2 and before require rosetta to run but it doesn't say that CS4 requires rosetta to install (but it seems that it does).

What I'm seeing is the error "Licensing for this product has stopped working" on my disk 2 after copying the Adobe applications folder from disk 1 to disk 2.

I worked my way through all the steps on the page: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html but that didn't fix the problem.

So, it seems like the only option left is to erase a partition on my macbook pro, install snow leopard, install CS4, and then upgrade to lion. Ouch! Or buy a copy of CS-current. Double-ouch!

If you know of any other options I'd greatly appreciate your direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gml-ann-arbor completing the steps in Error "Licensing has stopped working" | Mac OS - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/error-licensing-stopped-mac-os.html should have resolved your difficulties.  Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed within the document.

Alternately you can work with our support team and let them know you are receiving the error, "Licensing has stopped working," and they will work through the steps listed within the document with you.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff - I'll use the chat support. Grateful for your help.  Gordon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake and kudos to folks at Adobe for their help.

OK, after talking to a very helpful support rep. named Kumar who told me repeatedly that I was giving him a CS 1.1 serial number, I realized that I had grabbed my wife's very old CS packaging and was trying to install from her very old disks! D'oh!

I found my CS4 CDs and was able to reinstall on my new Lion disk. Again kudos to Adobe staff, especially Jeff and Kumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent great to hear that you were able to get your Creative Suite 4 installed and working successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines