Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating RSS News Feed of a BC Blog

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Thanks to these forums and Liam Ive been able to learn so much about webdesign, but became stuck again (at another very obvious thing I believe).

The thing is, Ive got my blog on BC up and running and the RSS feed also, but how do I go about creating an RSS News feed and displaying the newest posts in an iframe?

I am aware of some third party services that are able to do that, but i'd like to learn another way.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

You mean you want to show your blog via a feed on an external site?

Can you explain more about what your trying to do?

Any time someone mentions iFrame I shudder.

If you just want to show some of your latest posts in another part of your BC site you use the modules availible to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Im8,

From what I said I belive that you want to display an external news feed on your BC site. The best way to do that is to use something like https://developers.google.com/feed/v1/ to consume the feed with JavaScript and display it on your BC site.

Cheers,

Mario

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies guys,

So sorry I wasn't clear enough:)

What I am trying to achieve is that I made a blog with BC catalyst and would like to show the newest post in some sort of News frame on my site (made in Muse) which would update automaticaly (and I understand this is done with the help of the blog's RSS feed?).

I have been able to do that with a third party online service, but they always show "Powered by ...." or some other stuff, which isn't ideal.

Take care!

Martin

EDIT: Also, if it would be possible, I am using the Blank Widget Composition in Muse which shows a frame and a number of tabs below it. The frame shows a content and changes depending on which tab U click. Now Im probably asking too much, but do U guys think it would be possible to show the newest post by clicking on the first tab, second newest post by clicking on the second tab, etc?

The only thing I could think of would be to tag number the posts and then somehow substract 1 from the newest post. So let's say the newest post is 150-1=149 so after clicking on the second tab it would show 149 and so on for other tabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

You do not need to do anything like that:

http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/134/bc_1345.html#main_Blog_Modules

Using those modules in any of your templates or pages you have a few choices depending on what you actually want and tailor the output as you need with your CSS and anything javascript you want to do on top of that.

Most BC modules and web apps and eCommerce elements come with tags (specific to the layout they are relevent to) and modules.

Both the "Tags quick reference" and "Modules quick reference" on the knowledgebase (links found on the left side of the main forum landing page for this BC forum) are great reference points for this and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines