• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lion X deactivates Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my IMac with Lion X which deactivated my Photoshop 7 and Cs2.  Is there a way to reactivate?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

The bottom line is that neither Photoshop 7.x nor Photoshop 9.x ("CS2") will ever work on your current machine and OS, and there's no way of getting around that issue.  None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading the OS doesn't deactivate the product...what exactly is the the problem...are yiu getting any error message if yes what is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing Lion X, Photoshop and Cs2 both had a a circle and slash accross the icon in my dock.  I pulled them off the dock and when I try to open them I get this message "you can't open the application Cs2 because powerPc applications are no longer supported.  So, I've been robbed of my Photoshop and bridge CS2. Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message says "you can't open the application CS2 because powerPc applications are no longer supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for this error message is Resetta which is removed from the Mac LION ,

Look the link for details:- kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html , look at the section;- Rosetta not supported

It would be better if you upgarde now , as you will get CS6 for free on purchase of CS5.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have looked at the link you have referenced, and it doesn't tell me what I can do to get around this issue.  It seems you are saying that I might as well forget Photoshop 7 and CS2 and spend the money on CS5 or 6 which I don't want to do after spending on the other upgrades that wiped out Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then buy a second-hand Power Mac (PPC), such as G5 Power Mac, and run Tiger 10.4.1 or Leopard 10.5.8; then you can also run Photoshop 7 and CS2.  Last summer I bought a superb used G5 Quad [* specs below] for very, very little money.  Prices have fallen even further by now.

Make no mistake, what "wiped out Photoshop" was your moving to a newer Mac with an Intel CPU and installing Lion.

None of that is Adobe's fault.

* Specs:  2.5 GHz Power Mac (PPC) G5-Quad; 16GB RAM; mutant, flashed 550MHz nVidia GeForce 7800GTX 1,700MHz 512MB VRAM; ATTO ExpressPCI UL5D LP SCSI card; Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 and Leopard 10.5.8 boot drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottom line is that neither Photoshop 7.x nor Photoshop 9.x ("CS2") will ever work on your current machine and OS, and there's no way of getting around that issue.  None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for your help.  One more question, I am not an avid, nor knowledgeable user of photoshop, though I do love to use it for mainly photographs.  Would the CS6 be too much for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leehanvev you will be able to evaluate Photoshop CS6 for yourself this Monday.  We should have the trials available when we release the product.  Until then you can always try Photoshop Elements 10 so you will have something to compare against.  You can locate Photoshop Elements 10 at http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en_us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Manish said. We need more info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 is categorically not compatible with Lion (or even with Snow Leopard).  It simply won't run under 10.7.x, and that has nothing to do with activation or deactivation.

That is for sure the case with Photoshop 7.x.  Now, as for CS2, it may or not work, but there are no guarantees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 and CS2 both will not work on MAC Lion. So, you might be getting several issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines