• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash v11.2.202.233 does not work

May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

We are experiencing a problem with adobe flash and the managed add ons in IE9.

OS - Win7 64bit

Browser - IE9

I install flash across our company using GPO startup scripts and the MSI for IE. Flash has always been successfully deployed by this method.

Now, when I recently updated to the latest version of flash, initially flash installs fine and can be seen in the managed add-ons within IE9 (Shockwave Flash Object). BUT upon rebooting the pc flash no longer appears in the managed addons of  IE9 but it is still installed, for this can be viewed through add/remove programs.

Therefore no flash content can be viewed after the reboot of the Win7 pc.

Active X filtering is turned off.

We also updated to this flash version for our xp 32bit pc's using the 32bit flash msi and have no problems after a reboot.

Any advice. ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Hi all,

I hope this post helps anyone else experiencing the same problem as myself for the last couple of days haven't been any fun....!!

I re-downloaded the adobe 64bit uninstaller for flash (for I first downloaded this last year when we rolled out win7 with flash through group policy. I noticed that the uninistaller exe had grown (old ininstaller was 452kb and the new one 612kb). Therefore I don't know what adobe has added to the new compiled uninstaller for 64bit but thought I should try the la

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to update - I have the exact problem as described in post http://forums.adobe.com/message/4298469.

I have performed the steps as described in the last post for the above weblink - ie the clean install procedure as advised in link http://forums.adobe.com/thread/928315

I then followed the link http://forums.adobe.com/message/4317467#4317467

Unfortunately this has not resolved the problem for our win7 clients, Upon a reboot, 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappears from the listing in manage add ons.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add to this discussion as I am having some similar problems and I couldn't figure out how make a post to ask a question.

I bought a new laptop about a week ago, and I downloaded and installed the latest version of Flash Player on the same day. Everything was fine until yesterday evening. I cannot watch any videos on any websites. If I right click over a video it's as if i'm just right clicking a webpage. Also things such as Facebook and my security program are just blank white. My laptop is running Windows 7 64bit and Internet Explorer 9. I always have Active X filtering off. I tried reinstalling and defaulting my Internet Explorer and nothing changed. Flash Player shows up in my programs list but nowhere else. The add-ons are enabled. I tried it with my anti-virus and Windows Defender on and off, no change. I did a complete clean uninstall and now I can't redownload Flash Player. I have no viruses either. I also have a desktop running Windows Vista 32bit and Internet Explorer 9 and and it has the latest Flash Player. I run the same programs and settings on both computers and my desktop has never had a problem with Flash Player, it works fine on there. Sorry for the long post but I wanted to add in every detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also having a similar problem with 11.2.202.233.

Environment is Windows 7, IE 9 and Firefox 12 on a new pc.

I have tried everything including a 'clean' install as described elsewhere on Adobe.

There are some differences. 

After unchecking 'Active X Filtering' and using Windows Media Center to force the download of the Netflix app, we

can watch Netflix video on IE 9.  No other video site works, instead you can see the 'Movie not downloaded' message

when you right click.  Strangely, it correctly identifies the Flash version.  Even more strangely if I click on 'Check Now' in the Flash Player Settings Manager, the validation video runs.  I will note that the URL launched from that button uses HTTPS.  If I go to the same page with HTTP the video does not run.

If I CHECK 'Active X Filtering', Youtube will complain that I should update, but I can watch video.  No other site works, including Netflix and the https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about link.

We have the CA security suite and there are no complaints about blocked sites etc. in the firewall logs.

Perhaps Adobe should have some way to log what the active x control is seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try the steps listed in this FAQ to see if they help?

How do I fix Windows permission problems with Flash Player?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

That did not help.

Even stranger I cannot post from IE 9 and have to use my phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paula,

Netflix is actually using Silverlight, not Flash.

Can you verify that everything on your systems matches with what this FAQ suggests?

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer 9

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

As I said the http version of the about page does not work. The https one does.

I have checked the other items many times. Shockwave is enabled and in run without permissions.

Why would YouTube work when Active X Filtering is enabled?  Netflix doesn't, as I would expect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulamoody wrote:

Why would YouTube work when Active X Filtering is enabled?  Netflix doesn't, as I would expect.

When right clicking on the YouTube video, do you see a Flash Player context menu or an HTML 5 one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

It is HTML5, so only https seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula,

So with ActiveX Filtering disabled, you are only able to see Flash videos if you use https, not http, right?

Have you tried a different browser to see if they are also impacted?  I'd recommend Chrome since it has Flash Player built in.  If Chrome works, then I'd reset the IE9 settings using this process:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

If Chrome is also affected, then I'd try clearing the Flash Player cache, then finally start investigating any virus/security software you have running and temporarily disabling it to see if that causes a conflict.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I am glad that some of us are working now!

Chris, neither Firefox or Chrome works.  Disabling CA Firewall or Virus Scan did not help either. For me the 612kb uninstaller did not fix anything.

There appears to be quite a few users with problems with http vs. https issues on Windows 7 64 bit. 

I will check back in a while to see if Adobe decides to debug their software.

It is clear that the browsers are able to instantiate the interface, at least enough to obtain the version information and the 'movie not loaded' error message.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul - This is definitely not a widespread issue.  There are tens of millions of Windows 7x64 Flash Player installations and this issue only vary rarely comes up on the forum.  Without steps to reproduce, this most likely won't be addressed in upcoming versions of the Player.  Did you give the steps to clear the cache a try?  Have you tried creating a new admin user account to see if the problem also occurs there?

Millsy107 - Glad to hear you solved the problem, though the uninstaller shouldn't have had to be used.  If you are interested, please feel free to open up a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com and include a FlashInstall.log, any gpo scripts and steps you've taken.  I'd be happy to forward it to our installer team for their review.

Afaik, we do not have a white paper that describes what the uninstaller does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may wish to check again as the problem may be more widespread than you think. It's some kind of security update for IE9 that's the problem and it affects all windows 7 64 Bit operating systems that have automatic updates set to install by themselves as recommended. I Rolled back IE9 and Hid the IE9 update so it would not install until a compatable flash player can be developed. Wally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched from CA Security to Macafee and that solved my issues.

Sent from my HTC Inspireâ„¢ 4G on AT&T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the problem is that when Windows Updates, Active X Filtering gets enabled where it previously was disabled. There are no problems on Adobe's end, just Microsoft. Fixing the problem is explained in this link: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968 Wally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my final post for this discussion, best of luck to Millsy107, as I know how frustrating these things can be, especially for somebody who really needs them for work or business. I took all the advice I found from reading these forums and nothing worked, yet. I turned off my laptop for about 2 or 3 hours and when I booted it back up flash player was working fine again. This was right after I posted on here. I don't know how but it works fine now. One of those steps must have solved it. My laptop also had some updates before it shutdown so maybe that fixed it. Thanks for your help though Chris, I read through a lot of these discussions before posting and you've been a big help. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Just a thought - maybe this post needs breaking out into two separate posts for I think paulamoody's issue is sometwhat different to the issue that stickman's and I are experiencing, otherwise the solutions maybe tangent to one another and cause further issues whilst trying to diagnose the issues.

I'm a little confused why the reset would work as for the problem is occuring on all win7 clients - this means all users, all users with assigned local admin accounts and also to all users with domain admin account have the same issue whereby flash is installed and after a reboot the 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappears from the managed addons within IE9 and then no flash content can be viewed.

I ran the reset as per instructions and at the end of the run, was told 7 objects were modified. I rebooted and still could not see flash content. I uninstalled flash, rebooted, reinstalled flash, rebooted and still could not see flash content for the 'Shockwave Flash Object' is still missing from the managed addons within the browser.

I can't roll back flash for some users in our marketing department need the latest version due to work they're performing.

Is there anything else I can try ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

I forgot to add - I've built a win7 install with minimal applications installed, with no anti-virus to test this version of adobe flash.

I still have the same issue as per original post - After a reboot flash is still installed but 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappears from the managed addons.

Why/What would make 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappear from the managed addons ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Millsy107 wrote:

hi,

I forgot to add - I've built a win7 install with minimal applications installed, with no anti-virus to test this version of adobe flash.

I still have the same issue as per original post - After a reboot flash is still installed but 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappears from the managed addons.

Why/What would make 'Shockwave Flash Object' disappear from the managed addons ?

Could you try the steps list in the following post and email me both of the logs generated?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4311497#4311497

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I hope this post helps anyone else experiencing the same problem as myself for the last couple of days haven't been any fun....!!

I re-downloaded the adobe 64bit uninstaller for flash (for I first downloaded this last year when we rolled out win7 with flash through group policy. I noticed that the uninistaller exe had grown (old ininstaller was 452kb and the new one 612kb). Therefore I don't know what adobe has added to the new compiled uninstaller for 64bit but thought I should try the latest and greatest exe.

I set my script to use  the new uninstaller within the gpo. Now upon an install of flash and then a reboot, ShockWave Flash Object remains in the managed addons... hoorah !!

I guess the new uninstaller performs some extra tidying of binaries hence the reason its grown in size - Chris, Is there a paper on what the uninstaller actually does ?

Thanks to all who contributed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines