• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change Gradient Color

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you would expect I have a gradient with several colors. Is there a way to change the colors? I now I can change the colors in Illustrator CS5. The colors are now shades of green. I want blue. I want to restrict the colors between a dark and light blue. I know logically a computer can do this but not sure about Illustrator.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched the Video. It was not very information when you consider the Help offered by Adobe on the Gradient Tool. But the issue is not the Gradient tool necessarily.

I'm trying to replace the actual colors on a button that is a gradient. Maybe I should have said "Replace or Substitute” colors. Not create a gradient.

But thanks for ther help.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Select the gradient button to which you want to change colors
  2. Open Gradient tab - you'll see the current colors that make up the gradient
  3. Drag/ Drop from the swatch or double click the tiny gradient color slider and choose the color of your choice.

This should help you change the colors on an existing gradient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!! It helped!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob,

There are many kinds of (what you perceive as) green, and of blue.

Ifyou are thinking of different tints/shades of certain (RGB) colours, such as pure RGB green as in RGB = 0, 0 - 255, 0 and pure RGB blue as in RGB = 0, 0, 0 - 255, you may swith to the HSB Color window and then click each stop in the gradient and change the H value from 120 to 240; in the more general case you may switch by the difference in H value for the green and blue in question.

Normally, it is more complicated to change, the colours normally being combinations, and the transitions often having to be adapted to the actual colours used.

In general, an automated change of colours may create strange/ugly transitions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Design forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines