13 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 2:59 AM by surfing69 RSS

cannot copy or paste within message field

surfing69

If I copy some text from another source like a word doc or email, and try and paste into this message field, the system will not allow me to do this. The only options that present themselves are "Insert link, Image, Alignment, insert table".

And if I write something within this message field and then select and copy and then try and paste  this section somewhere else within this message, the system will not allow it.

This is EXTREMELY annoying.

Why Why why ??!

• 1. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
          GKaiseril ACP/MVPs

It works for me!

Maybe you need some patience!

• 2. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
            surfing69 Community Member

a constructive contribution would have been more helpful!

• 3. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
              GKaiseril ACP/MVPs

Opine your favorite editor.

Type you text.

Use the <Ctrl>+A key combination to copy your text.

Use the <Ctrl>+C key combination to copy your text.

Go to reply box.

Sent cursor in the reply box.

Make sure the cursor is in the box.

Use the <Ctrl>+V key combination to paste.

Y9u have to use the key combinations for pasting as the web browser's menu options are not available within the reply box.

And how do you cut and paste?

• 4. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

First of all what do you mean by 'favourite editor' ?

And why on earth would i need to do all this?  It should be simply right click and the option to cut , copy or paste should be available to you without having to do all that <ctrl> +A key rubbish.

And if these options arent available within the reply box, then Adobe should fix this blindingly obvious shortcoming.

And as for cut and paste, I just highlight what I want to copy or cut and the paste it .

I belong to many forums and this is the first forum that does not allow you to paste text from another source.

• 5. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
                  GKaiseril ACP/MVPs

>  First of all what do you mean by 'favorite editor' ?

How many editing programs programs d you have on your computer?

Windows come with edline,Notepad, and WinWord. Then you can add MS Office. OpenOfficeorg, NotePad++, TextPad and others. Not to include the the editors in all of the possible email programs you could be using.

> And why on earth would i need to do all this? It should be simply right click and the option to cut , copy or paste should be available to you without having to do all that <ctrl> +A key rubbish.

Since this reply box does not support a menu item with a cut and paste menu or tool option, it is the only method available.

If you do not like it, maybe you should run this site for Adobe.

I  am aware of many forums that do also do not have menu items or tools for cutting to and pasting from the OS clipboard.

Your problem should be directed to the administrator of this forum and not the other users.

• 6. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

>Your problem should be directed to the administrator of this forum and not the other users.<

You should have explained the fact that the right click on mouse for 'copy, cut and paste' functions were not available in this forum right at the begining rather than trying to be smart with your initial comments i.e

"It works for me!

Maybe you need some patience!

• 7. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
                      GKaiseril ACP/MVPs

For what you are paying for this service, and what I am bing paid, I would rather not have to explain every possible way to perform a very common task.

I copy  several hundred lines of data on a regular basis and the key board shortcuts are  just easier.

Also many times user systems need some time to fully download a web page and set  up the display on a client system before one can even start to type. You clearly did not communicate your issue clearly enough.

• 8. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

Well - aren't you the genius

And with regard to whether or not I expressed the issue clearly enough, i have posted the same to Adobe admin. Lets see if they understand the subject matter.

• 9. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
                          Bernd Alheit MVP

Use ctrl+v or Edit > Paste of the browser window.

• 10. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

Thanks.

However with reference to my previous messages,  I dont understand why the right click mouse options of  'copy, cut and paste' have been disabled. I feel that using shortcut keys or the browser edit functions is a bit of a retrograde step.  In fact, the options in the menus bar within the message window already have insert link, insert image and so i dont understand why these are duplicated why I right click my mouse within the message field. Also I have to be specific where I right clickmy mouse othwerise I get a much bigger drop down menu list.

• 11. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

looks like admin understood my query immediatley and without the confusion that you apparently had. Their response was

"This turns out to be a 'known issue" with Jive. They don't have a date set for a possible fix, but suggest using CTL-V to paste. They also said it might be possible to hit the enter key a couple of times and then the Right-Click paste function should come back."

I also dont think that the shortcut key method is always the most efficient.

• 12. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field
                                Bernd Alheit MVP

Why did you post this in the forum for Acrobat Forms?

• 13. Re: cannot copy or paste within message field

because i couldnt find an appropriate forum to post this query and chose this by random