• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot install Flash Player Windows 7 x64 - Application blocked

New Here ,
May 01, 2012 May 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install or update flash player on my windows 7 x64. It seems the applications is blocked by the system. I have read a few solutions but nothing works. I have log a bug but no replies yet.

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3176922

anyone can help?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Here's some screenshots from my system.  In particular, I think you'll want to use your user account instead of Adobe LM.  The last screenshot is the one you want to review.

5-2-2012 1-35-51 PM.png

5-2-2012 1-35-59 PM.png

5-2-2012 1-36-13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the file(s) you need, disconnect from the Internet and run the file(s).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Carl's download links do not solve your problem, can you be a little bit more specific what "cannot" means; what exactly happens when you try to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you cannot access to the bug (link) I added in my original message. Everything was explained there so I did not want to explain again.

I have adobe V10.x installed in my computer. Windows 7 x64. I use firefox not IE. When I receive the notification to update flash player and after downloading the update...a message popup saying the application has been blocked.

If I try to go the web page - downloads and try to install the last version install_flashplayer11x64_mssd_aih.exe, a similar message is showed...

The message is something like this:

"This program has been blocked for your protection"

I tried to unblocked the downloaded file but the message still there, I have also changed the security level of my account (admin) to the minimum but nothing works... Tried to run as administrator...nothing...

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

If you still get this message, can you post a screenshot of it?

What antivirus software are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to install that when back at home later on...

I cannot get any screenshot as the popup message is in modal windows...print screen has no effect...

I don't think antivirus is causing that error...it looks like a windows security problem...but anyway is panda online.

The error message is like this...(taken from google images)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the camera icon in the forum editor to attach an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. you can use the Windows 7 Snipping Tool to obtain a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8nx_Bkd-9wpnMVSyplCuWOg_9iZ-AQhdbimqRKw1dGwxxL8rmnA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible....still the same

The link you told me before for the offline installation was the same I was using...I tried the firefox version as Firefox is the browser I am using... The link points me to a a new page where I download the file. Once the file is in my computer, I unblock the file (as usually files are blocked by windows 7), mark "run as administrator" and execute the file...and the message appears!!!

I cannot get an screenshot even with that application you mention because once I run the application and the message is showed, the rest of the screen except the message become dark....the message is in a modal window (not sure if you know what I mean)...everything behind the message, the rest of the screen is disabled...so cannot run any other application or focus on any other...just click close!

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you review the Local Security Policy application (type "local security policy" in your start menu search bar"), specifically the "Software Restriction Policies" section and verify that Adobe is allowed in your trusted publishers?

lsp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My windows version is home premium so I have no access to that application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, hmm.  Try typing in "MMC" in your start button's search field.  Hopefully mmc.exe will appear.  Launch that application.  Next, click the menu item File->Add/Remove Snap-in...

Add the certificates snap-in to the list of selected snap-ins.  My system asked me if I wanted to use use, service, or computer accounts.  I went with My user account, but you might need to try different options.  Click OK.

Hopefully you see "Certificates - Current User" listed.  Expand that and then double click on "untrusted certificates".  Do you see Adobe listed in there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working... I did what you said...and I can see the certificate for Adobe LM Service...but after that the error still happenning...

(Spanish versio of windows - hope you can understand anyway)

1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

forgot to say I had to select "Certificates" then "Service Account" and then "Local Machine" and then in the list..."Adobe LM"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's some screenshots from my system.  In particular, I think you'll want to use your user account instead of Adobe LM.  The last screenshot is the one you want to review.

5-2-2012 1-35-51 PM.png

5-2-2012 1-35-59 PM.png

5-2-2012 1-36-13 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brilliant...that's it...it's work... I could find the blocked Adobe certificate and transfer it to trusted ones...

You cannot imagine how much time I spent trying to fix this by myself and searching on google....

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines