Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data collection from Distributed Forms

Former Community Member

I am starting to have fun with PDF forms in LiveCycle and distributing them.  THe collection of data into PDF versions of the file are very nice and I really like the ability to export the data into spreadsheets. 

After I have distributed a file I find I have a copy of the file posted, a *.distrbuted and *.responses version also on my machine.  I know I need these for data collection from within Acrobat. 

Is it possible to move the three files to another machine for data collection  ?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you collecting your returned pdf's in a PDF portfolio?

Former Community Member

Actually no.  Single files can be reviewed but more interested in pulling the fields over to Excel

Former Community Member

Is the form being returned as a pdf or xml?  You can distribute the form, which will set up a pdf portfolio for your returned forms.  When forms are returned via email, you double click on the attachment and it puts into the portfolio.  From the portfolio you can export one or more forms (data) into an excel file.

To export the whole form, click on File, Export and choose the file type you want.  However, if you just want the form data, I would suggest you distribute the form to create the pdf portfolio for that.

Former Community Member

Actually I am not requesting the forms back, I am collecting all information via the Tracker within Acrobat