• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blog RSS feed not working. Why?

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a blog on a new BC website. It has been up and running for a few weeks. The RSS feed for the blog is not working. It just returns a web page saying: "ERROR: Either the RSS channel no longer exists or if this is a new channel then the feed file may not have yet been created. The feed file is created automatically at regular intervals. Please check again later.". The ID param for the blog feed url is the correct ID for the blog. I have other blogs on other BC sites where the RSS feed works correctly. Not sure how to troubleshoot this. Link to sample page is:

http://totaleducation.businesscatalyst.com/_blog/Richards_Blog/post/Challenging_the_Productivity_Par...

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Hi Paul!

The issue I'm seeing here is that you do not have any RSS feeds within the site as this may have been deleted at some point.

I get the following error when selecting the RSS feed on the page you've provided.

ERROR: Either the RSS channel no longer exists or if this is a new channel then the feed file may not have yet been created. The feed file is created automatically at regular intervals. Please check again later.

So you'll need to go into your site and create a new RSS feed for your blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul!

The issue I'm seeing here is that you do not have any RSS feeds within the site as this may have been deleted at some point.

I get the following error when selecting the RSS feed on the page you've provided.

ERROR: Either the RSS channel no longer exists or if this is a new channel then the feed file may not have yet been created. The feed file is created automatically at regular intervals. Please check again later.

So you'll need to go into your site and create a new RSS feed for your blogs.  Then add it to your blog layout to correct this issue.

- http://screencast.com/t/T36WADJxH6

KB reference: http://kb.worldsecuresystems.com/000/bc_9.html

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sidney. Of course creating an RSS feed for a blog is made easy with the checkbox on the blog details page "Syndicate this Blog". Funny thing is it was checked, but there was no RSS feed. So I unchecked it, saved, then rechecked it and saved again and the RSS feed then appeared. Some little gremlin there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very true Paul.  I had the very same issue and followed your example and it fixed it...  Definately buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it's a day since this change was made. The RSS feed for the blog is listed in the RSS feeds for the website. Nevertheless, the RSS feed is still yielding the:

message.

What's going on here? Any ideas Sidney? Here is the url again:

http://totaleducation.businesscatalyst.com/_blog/Richards_Blog

Thanks, Paul Howson.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the very same problem.  The rss channel is there and the blog has posts in it.

I get the same error message as Paul above.

Any reason for this and is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2012 May 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Paul: The original RSS feed looks to have been removed. 

Old ID: 4839

New ID: 8365

The actual working one is below so you'll need to update the RSS feedlink to match this.

- http://totaleducation.businesscatalyst.com/RSSRetrieve.aspx?ID=8365&Type=RSS20

Earthan: Can you provide the URL of the feed/page that is not working?

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.   I have a blog.  The checkbox is checked to syndicate it.  The RSS feed is created, but there is nothing in it and I get the same error message.   I tried unchecking the syndication button and saving, then removing all RSS feeds and saving, and then adding the checkbox back on the blog.  The RSS channel is created, but I still get the error.

This is the URL. (I'm on an iPad)

http://reader.mac.com/mobile/v1/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bluemountainbistro.com%2FRSSRetrieve.aspx%3FID=1802...

If I manually add all the posts, obviously they show up... But I don't want to have to do that all the time... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm having our team look into this further.  It appears after enabling "syndicate rss" within blog the system creates a new feed but it never seems to want to update with the posts. 

I'll let you know once I'm able to find more details.

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This site just went live and they want to do a big promotion asking everyone to subscribe to the blog.  Obviously, I'm trying to stall them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Furthermore this has been identified as a bug and will be corrected in our next release. 

BugID: 3192268

Thanks for your patience.

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sidney

I still have this problem with RSS. I posted a support request, Case #0183391077, where I received the less than satisfactory solution on manually moving blog posts from left to right.

The RSS ID in the address bar is showing 11231 - this doesn't work

The RSS ID in the admin area is 11474 and it works.

I've tried unchecking and checking the syndicate this button, logged in and out to no avail.

Here's a screencast of the problem

http://www.screencast.com/t/k3yyjzlr3jJV

I hoping this can be resolved.

Fraser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this months ago and was told it was going to be fixed in the next release which it wasn't.

Neil

Neil Eisenberg

Design Intervention Studio

"The Art of the Web"

19 Birch Lane

Woodstock, NY 12498

845-679-8052

www.designinterventionstudio.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Some positive news as this appears fixed in our latest release last week. 

• Issue 3192268 - Updated the "Syndicate this Blog RSS" option tooltip from the Blog details page to specify that only new blog post will be added to the feed once the setting is activated

Reference: http://www.businesscatalyst.com/_blog/BC_Blog/post/July_release_-_New_admin_user_interface_updates_a...

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, got help from online chat with a solution. If the blog ever loses its channel, like in this case the channel ID didn't match the Blog's ID. Instead of unselecting and reselecting the Syndicate this Blog box which only provides a temporary solution in my case, uncheck the Enable box and then SAVE. Then check the enable, then Save.

This apparently restored the blog's original syndicated feed.

Teejay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Teejay

Thanks for tip. Tried this over 12 hours ago and waited and it doesn't work.

Before Teejay's suggestion

Old ID = 11231

New ID = 11474

After Teejay's suggestion

Blog ID = 13410

Correct ID = 11474

http://www.screencast.com/t/TJvcnOIg

http://www.screencast.com/t/NfTGk2KJtPk

This is support case

Case #0183391077

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fraser,

I've double checked your case and it appears resolved. 

"Thank you. Problem solved. Created new blog."

Please let us know if you have any further issues by reopening the existing case.

Kind regards,

-Sidney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Sidney, case closed, problem solved. cheers all for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI, we have been having related problems with at least two sites that we have checked...

It started with the rss feed only showing 15 posts at a time.  Per support we deleted the rss channels and re syndicated the blogs and then waited and the rss channels were never updated...

Finally I went in and added all the blog posts to the rss channel manually and then all 350+ posts appeared... not sure if new ones will show up or not...

Just wanted anyone reading to know about this workaround...

Patrick Steil

http://www.podiotools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines