Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.5.1 for Mac hanging/crashing during startup "Loading Workbench"

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having ongoing trouble with Flash Builder 4.5.1 hanging/crashing during startup.

Sometimes the following Terminal command fixes the issue:

cd ~/Documents/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.5/cascaded/308971/configuration/.settings

rm org.eclipse.ui.ide.prefs

However this isn't a silver bullet solution, and sometimes the only way is to uninstall and reinstall FB4.5.

But this is a major hassle, especially after 3 or 4 times!

I am running Mac OS X 10.7 and have updated to FB 4.5.1 Premium and also installed Subversion/Subclipse as well as the BlackBerry PlayBook SDK.

Problems seem to occur when working in SVN projects.

I have also noticed that the Delete and Arrow keys and Right Click fails to work sometimes also.

Is there a way to reset / clear FB 4.5 Prefs / Workbench?

Thanks,

David Douglas

Here is the console report below:

/Applications/Adobe/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.5/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.5.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Flash\ Builder\ 4.5 ; exit;

!SESSION 2011-09-13 15:07:58.914 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=M20100909-0800

java.version=1.6.0_26

java.vendor=Apple Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US

Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/david/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/david/.eclipse_keyring -consoleLog -showlocation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2011-09-13 15:08:02.101

!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-09-13 15:08:02.905

!MESSAGE Warnings while parsing the commands from the 'org.eclipse.ui.commands' and 'org.eclipse.ui.actionDefinitions' extension points.

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui 2 0 2011-09-13 15:08:02.906

!MESSAGE Commands should really have a category: plug-in='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui', id='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.OpenInfoCenter', categoryId='com.qnx.flashbuilder.multiplatform.qnx.ui.commands.category.help'

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem but for the first time on FB 4.6. Did you find any solution short of a reinstall if deleteing the suggested file didn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Delete the Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 folder from your Documents (assuming you don't have anything valuable in there). That seemed to work for me, as I don't keep my projects in there but there were some temp files that were breaking it. You'll probably have to re-inport your projects.

Adobe, I'm getting very sick of your (expensive) products wasting my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines