What happens if you preview the article? You might need to relink the article to the source files. Or re-create the articles.
I have the same problem - all my source file links are broke to the articles. It will take very long to relink everything.
So I thought of the relinking issue as well which I neglected to describe in my original post. When I relink an article, it automatically defaults to the correct path location so I click OK. I find this strange because if it knows the correct path location, why can't it open it? Anyway, after relinking the article, it still will not allow me to open the InDesign layout by double-clicking on it. That being said, after your suggestion to preview the article, I tried it. Now several of my pages are PDF stacks which don't preview obviously, however after trying to preview the article, I am now able to open the layout by double-clicking on it. Does that make any sense? So to get everything working as it was, I need to re-link each article, try to preview it, then I can open the article by double-clicking within the Folio Builder Panel. My magazine is 157 pages. Uhg! Which leads to the next question… Is there any good trick to relink multiple articles at once?
This would certainly appear to be a bug. At least it’s not a killer and just an annoyance…but it’s an annoyance just the same.
If you have a sidecar.xml file you might want to just recreate the entire thing.
Bob (the other one)
Same error here, (posted before) right now we are making another folio from scratch just to test.
I was afraid of that Bob. Yet another pro for using a sidecar.xml file!
The better option is "do it again"...
Right now I'm making a new folio from scratch with the same files (articles) and everything is working as usual.
Had the same problem.
I reimported everything with a sidecar.xml file. It took 20 minutes but it was not me clicking hundreds time.
I think that's the right approach Branislav, after taking 15 minutes to update 5 articles, I think I'm going that route as well!
Thanks for letting us know about this issue. I reported the bug.
Thank, you BobB!
Same here on my machine (InDesign v7.5.3 with OSX 10.6.8).
Adobe DPS version:
folio format version
I guess the bug is due to an update of the "afc.db" file after installing the new Folio Builder panel.
I don't have this problem.
I have updated three folios.
Maybe that bug didn’t make it Europe, yet.
@Bob – it did.
I did a little drilling to the "afc.db" file and found the culprit. Missing entries in:
Maybe that will help the developer team to work that out.
I could recreate the connection between my InDesign files and the corresponding folio article by getting the right values inserted in the "afc.db" file.
To get those, I simply made a new folio with the article, checked again the "afc.db" file and copied the entries for "verticalLayoutSrcDocId" and "horizontalLayoutSrcDocId" over to the old article represented in the db file.
I would absolutely NOT recommend this to the "average" user. It's more on the experimental side.
And, I guess, does only work for local folios.
I remake the folio from scratch and everything is working fine
@Branislav – just checked. YES. You are right.
Updating single articles does the trick. The connections to the InDesign files are established again.
No need to hack the "afc.db" file.