7 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 5:55 AM by kglad RSS

Submitting variables to an ASPX file WITHOUT opening new window

DTshults Community Member

I'm trying to submit some variables from my flash to an aspx page on a different domain which will handle them and put them in a database.  I've tried a number of options, but the only ones that have worked also result in a new window/tab being opened, and I am trying to avoid this. 

For example, I tried a loadVars with the sendAndLoad() function, but it did not work because the "load" portion requires the aspx page to be on the same domain as the swf- which it is not.

the send() function does not work either, because it requires you to specify a target (_self, _blank, etc) and that causes a new tab to open, or a redirection on the current page- both unacceptable, as I am trying not to interupt the user's experience on the page the swf is featured on.  send() does succeed in submitting the variables, at least, but as I said, it opens a new tab/redirects current tab.

One solution is to enable outside domains access on the server-side, but this is not ideal.  I'm hoping for a flash solution.  Any thoughts?

here's the code:

var dataLoader = new LoadVars();

var junkLV:LoadVars = new LoadVars();

junkLV.onLoad = function(success:Boolean) {

if (success) {

trace("We are in business.");

greenLight_mc._alpha = 100;

else {

redLight_mc._alpha = 100;

dataLoader.firstname = firstName;

dataLoader.lastname = lastName;

dataLoader.email = emailAddress;