4 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 9:55 AM by Andrea6617 RSS

Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!

Andrea6617 Community Member

I know almost nothing about Flash or Powerpoint.  I was given a Flash presentation I need that I'd like to show at meetings using my new wireless remote, but I can't get it to move forward & backward between slides (works fine using arrow keys on the laptop keyboard - Windows XP Pro).  The remote works fine with Powerpoint presentations, so I know the remote is ok.  Is there some setting/command I need to allow my Flash presentation to work with my remote, or do I need a special remote?  I already talked to the remote tech support (Keyspan/TrippLite) and they were totally unfamiliar wirh Flash and simply said that their unit works with Powerpoint as advertised, which was true, but they couldn't help me with Flash presentations.  Can anyone out there help me??  Thanks very much!

• 1. Re: Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!
          sinious MVP

You need to trap all keys.

Here's a random google link on the subject, feel free to google more:

http://snipplr.com/view/40859/

• 2. Re: Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!

Please forgive me for not understanding, but the programming code or whatever that was where that link sent me went right over my head.  Trap all keys??  What does that mean?  I'll google it some more, but are you SURE that will help me use my remote to move between slides on Flash presentations?  After I did that, then how would I un-trap all keys (if necessary)??  Thanks so much for trying!  :-)

• 3. Re: Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!
              sinious MVP

The remote comes to flash as a "key" being pressed. Read the link given and it will explain how to handle keys being pressed.

• 4. Re: Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!

Ok, I'm officially retarded.  I followed the link you gave me, which led to another link about fullscreening (a .zip file) which I decompressed and ran then escaped out of it.  I then looked at the gobbledygook programming language code and I found where it said "trapallkeys" but still haven't the slightest idea how to get my remote to work.  Is there some utility file which I can run which already has this "trapallkeys" function compiled into a nice simple executable that I can run prior to or in conjunction with my Flash presentation which will let my wireless remote controller flip through my slides?  I'm sorry, but please don't expect me to understand what...

1. package
                2. {
                3. import flash.display.Sprite;
                4. import flash.display.StageDisplayState;
                5. import flash.display.StageScaleMode;
                6. import flash.events.KeyboardEvent;
                7. import flash.events.MouseEvent;
                8. import flash.ui.Keyboard;
                9. import flash.system.fscommand;
                10. public class FullscreenDemo extends Sprite
                11. {
                12. public function FullscreenDemo():void
                13. {
                14. fscommand("trapallkeys", "true");
                15. stage.showDefaultContextMenu = false;
                16. stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;
                17. stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.SHOW_ALL;
                18. stage.addEventListener(KeyboardEvent.KEY_DOWN, onStage_KEY_DOWN);
                19. quitScreen_mc.visible = false;
                20. quitScreen_mc.yesBtn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onQuitYes_CLICK);
                21. quitScreen_mc.noBtn_mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, onQuitNo_CLICK);
                22. quitScreen_mc.yesBtn_mc.buttonMode = true;
                23. quitScreen_mc.noBtn_mc.buttonMode = true;
                24. }
                25. function onStage_KEY_DOWN(evt:KeyboardEvent):void {
                26. if (evt.keyCode == Keyboard.ESCAPE) {
                27. quitScreen_mc.visible = true;
                28. }
                29. }
                30. function onQuitYes_CLICK(evt:MouseEvent):void {
                31. fscommand("quit");
                32. }
                33. function onQuitNo_CLICK(evt:MouseEvent):void {
                34. quitScreen_mc.visible = false;
                35. }
                36. }
                37. }

means.  That may be all I need to solve my problem, but it's in a language I just don't understand.  Could you or somebody out there please break this down for a newbie??  Thanks very much!   :-)   :-)