• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube sound problems: crackling/static sound

New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem have been addressed in: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4320163#4320163

However, the solution (deleting cache and "site data and settings") is only temporarliy and the crackling sound returns after few videos/websites you browsed.

I'm currently using 10.3.183.10 and using the newer version will not even fix the issue as mentioned in the previous thread.

Are there any permenant solution to fix this problem?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To assist us in quickly understanding your problem, please follow these guidelines when posting:

• Specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit edition)
  • Specify your Flash Player version
  • Give us a brief explanation of the problem, please include any information you feel is important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- FireFox 9.0.1 64bit

- Whenver playing ANY videos on youtube, you can hear crackling noise like some old records. Its the same problem that have been addressed in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4320163#4320163 and the solution is only temporarliy fix. The newer version of flash player will not even fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kanade_ wrote:

- Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

- FireFox 9.0.1 64bit

- Whenver playing ANY videos on youtube, you can hear crackling noise like some old records. Its the same problem that have been addressed in http://forums.adobe.com/message/4320163#4320163 and the solution is only temporarliy fix. The newer version of flash player will not even fix the problem.

You should upgrade to the latest version of Firefox a.s.a.p since the version you have installed at the moment exposes your system to a number of exploits, details here: http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/firefox.html Download from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

In the current version which is Firefox 12.0, there isn't a 64-bit version currently available, but running the 32-bit version won't influence performance detrimentally and you can have complete confidence running this version.

Similarly, you should download the latest version of Flash which is 11.2.202.233. Use this link to download the offline installer. Also, download this uninstaller and run that first to completely remove the version you have installed at the moment: Flash player uninstaller 64-bit Run this 32-bit uninstaller as well just to be sure. Reboot and then run the installer you downloaded earlier.

It's also a good idea to disable your antivirus before running the installer to prevent it corrupting the installation. If you're using AVAST, right click the orange icon in the systray and go to Avast Shields Control and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you have another AV, consult this list for details on how to disable it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a reason why I'm using the the newer version of FF. I had font issues and addon problem with the newer version, which I had no choice but to download the older version.

I'm not sure if 12.0 have fixed these issues but if the issues persists, then I'm afraid I'm sticking with the older version.

As with the newer flash player, I've expereinced other issues such as video problem in youtube, and issues that I don't even know will just keep popping for newer version.

So, overall I'm not quite keen to update to latest versions for FF and flash player as I'm aware that I'll have to deal with other issues...

EDIT: I've just updated my FF and flash player to newest version.

So far, there are no problems yet and the sound crackling is gone at the moment. Though, I'm not sure whether it will come back or not.

Anyway, I'll see how it goes and post any updates if the bug pops up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're preparing to release another beta of Flash Player 11.2 that contains some audio fixes.  I don't know if this particular issue is addressed, but if you start running into problems come back and look for the beta 3 release later this week at labs.adobe.com.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright another problem... I can hear pop/click noise when I jump around buffering bar.

I don't know if this is normal or not but... I've downgraded back to 10.3.183.11 atm

I'll download the beta 3 when it comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta 3 is out.  Please let us know how it works for you.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The beta still did not fixed the crackling noise...

I don't know what to do really...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a PC or a laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its PC and there is nothing wrong with my soundcard or headphone that I'm using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do the following please.

1. In Windows Control Panel, click "Flash Player".
  2. In the menu which opens, click the "Advanced" tab.
  3. In the top menu where it says, "Browser data and settings", click the "Delete All" button.
  4. Close the menu and then go to a site where the problem usually occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah haha, that is the solution from http://forums.adobe.com/message/4320163#4320163

However, like I said before its only temporarliy fix.After watching couple of videos/browsing sites, the crackling noise will come back again.

I'm looking for permanent solution... otherwise, are you suggesting me to delete "browser data and settings" every time I get crackling noise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With CHROME I disabled my extentions and the CPU load dropped and the crackling stopped.    You can do the same with firefox. 

Too many extentions load the cpu and cause stalling.

Another solution is to watch Videos with Internet Expolorer with no extentions.  IE seems to have less overhead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2012 Nov 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if you are still having this issue or not. I was having this issue for a few months now trying to figure it out... And I believe I just did. The issue here is not actually Flash Player at all. I tried disabling all addons on firefox and... The videos would still play... crackly and all.. I even disabled flash player. This is when I realized that youtube wasn't using flash player. Go to http://www.youtube.com/html5 and go to the bottom of the page to disable YouTube using HTML5, Congrats you are now once again using flash player to stream youtube videos and should no longer get crackling on random videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2012 Nov 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML fix didn't help me.  The CPU is still overloaded and that causes the static. I can shut some things down untill the cpu load falls below 100% on windows task manager performance then the static is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then your crackling is an unrelated problem not having to do with Flash Player at all, Unless flash player is the reason for your CPU overload. Private message me your computer specs (Ram/Cpu/OS/Browser) As well as if you are using a laptop or desktop and I can do my best to troubleshoot your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem with cracking or popping, more blaring than anything after a recent update (this was happening in all browsers and all flash and youtube vids). Resolved by reinstalling 10.3 as suggested. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you KaceyL - disabled HTML5 like you suggested and the crackling has gone completely!

was so annoyed the first time it appeared that I bookmarked the video & have gone back it to test all the fixes suggested so far but this is the first time it has played without crackling. it also appears to have fixed a related issue where audio would appear to "slow down" rather than pause/skip...

cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone can helped me fixed the problem please!!I'll thank you for ur kind hearted soul because i am really pissed searching for solutions all over the internet and none helped.i reuninstall to 10.3 and it didn't solve the problem...but apparently when using google chromo the static sound is lesser maybe because google chrome is faster compare to mozilla firefox?because when i'm using mozilla firefox while listening to music i scroll up and down the static sound is extremely irritating piercing to the ear and make the music sound like crap..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2013 Feb 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The difference is the LOAD on your CPU.   If you have a clean install of any browser, then it will likely work fine.  Or just a clean-er install.   For immediate fix copy the url from the top of the screen, then open a browser you don't have overloaded with features.  I open IE and it works every time.  My install of Firefox also works fine.  Chrome seems to load too much for me and starts stuttering.    If you don't use IE, then try it.  Likely it will run all video's smooth assuming it doesn't have too many add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what do you mean by load?oh i kindda understand what you mean,i just have a feeling or sense all this is cause by the computer loading not fast enough which is also can be call lag but there is no lag at all.I assume this because when i use google chrome youtube music video compare to mozilla while scrolling up and down the static sound have a huge difference.mozilla firefox is very obvious but google chrome is lesser which i think is because google chromo sound load is faster?but that doesn't mean mozilla internet speed is slow because when u take out the sound eg sites that don't have music or sound played, just loading page speed is around the same as google chrome.But to sum it all up,it just happened recently like few weeks ago.to be exact it's one week before chinese new year.Was thinking of restore but i can't restore to further date,sigh..If really no choice,i have to carry down the pc to repair which i really hopes not to just for the sound ..it gonna cause me alot of trouble&time to do that.anw i did try IE but it's the same ..when i play games like dota there isn't any problem to the sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2013 Feb 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you push Ctrl-Shift_del  you get Task manager.  Then choose "Performance" which will show the CPU usage ( I call system load).

Then watch the same video on different browsers. Chrome, firefox, or IE.   One of the three will have less CPU requirements.  Or just load a new or an old version of a browser.   Sometimes the older browsers work better, sometimes the newer ones. OldApps.com has old versions. http://www.oldapps.com/category/browsers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh,the cpu usage is only very low ranging for 10~20 only.but i did try on 3 browswer,google chrome the best as in low static noise,IE is as bad as mozilla static noise but last time till now i always uses mozilla and don't have this problem so i don't think is the newer browser or older one problem.because recently there's no update of browser for mozilla been using fine till recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines