15 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2012 5:04 AM by hans-g. RSS

Problem with .PDF files from .html files at pagebreaks

jds zigzag Community Member

If there is a better forum to pose this problem, please tell me.  I have tried Dreamweaver without any results.

I am using DW CS5.  When I make a .pdf from the .html file it is not handling the images with captions correctly, or even consistently, at the bottom of the .pdf page.

Here is the Link to the .html code:

http://www.schembs.com/0_PDF_PAGE_PROBLEM.htm

and to the .css, if you need it:

http://www.schembs.com/0_PDF_files/2011_ZachBuch_No_Lines.css

The test page repeats the same image with caption several times.

See at the bottom of page 1 of the .pdf. There is not enough space for Image #3 so it correctly puts it at the top of page 2.  However it then puts the caption for Image #3 in the vertical position as if there were no page break and Image #3 were positioned just below the caption for Image #2.  Here is a screenshot of the bottom of page 1:

SS page 1 bottom.png

It then places image #4 below the caption for Image #3, which results in Image #4 being on top of Image #3.

At the bottom of page 2 there is not space for Image #6 so it puts it at the top of page 3.  It properly places the caption below Image #6 and properly places Image #7.  Here is the bottom of page 2;

SS page 2 bottom.png

At the bottom of page 3 there is not space for all the lines of the caption, so it puts the last line of the caption for Image #8 at the top of page 4.  This is o.k.  Here is the bottom of page 3:

SS page 3 bottom.png

I can live with it breaking up the caption (not ideal) but not with the caption overwriting the image or images overwriting images.

Thanks very much for your ideas on how to fix this.

jds zigzag