• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to get wireless remote to work with Flash Presentation... HELP!!!

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2012 May 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know almost nothing about Flash or Powerpoint.  I was given a Flash presentation I need that I'd like to show at meetings using my new wireless remote, but I can't get it to move forward & backward between slides (works fine using arrow keys on the laptop keyboard - Windows XP Pro).  The remote works fine with Powerpoint presentations, so I know the remote is ok.  Is there some setting/command I need to allow my Flash presentation to work with my remote, or do I need a special remote?  I already talked to the remote tech support (Keyspan/TrippLite) and they were totally unfamiliar wirh Flash and simply said that their unit works with Powerpoint as advertised, which was true, but they couldn't help me with Flash presentations.  Can anyone out there help me??  Thanks very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Thanks so much for all of the help.  I can think of many situations where I can use the key mapping functions available by the use of SharpKeys2 as well as a couple of other programs I "discovered" in my recent travels (KeyTweak + AutoHotKey).  Even better for my situation here, I just received a more advanced model Keyspan remote (PR-Pro3) which handles Flash presentations just fine - I have no idea why - and neither did their tech support, apparently.  Anyway, the PR-EZ1's going back to Newegg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you map the keyspan remote to the keyboard's arrow keys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks so much for responding!  I have the Keyspan PR-EZ1 and I don't think it allows me to "map" keys since when I called their tech support, they didn't mention that as an option.  I'm really new at this, but I just noticed - as I was sitting right here on my browser earlier, I pressed the remote's slide-changing keys and my web page scrolled up and down!  Just now I tried it and my insertion point cursor moved up and down!  So I guess these buttons must be "mapped" to the up and down arrows.  How nice it would be if I could somehow figure out how to switch them to the left and right arrows.  A colleague of mine told me just an hour or so ago that when she bought her Logitech wireless remote, it had the same problem with Flash presentations.  But one day, out of the blue, it "fixed" itself and now does Flash fine.  (I didn't ask her if it still does Powerpoint though.)  She has no idea how or why and doesn't care.  Her remote is a discontinued model though (sigh).  Anyway, maybe it'll be worth my while to make another call to tech support and ask about key mapping.  Maybe a more advanced model might allow this function.  Thanks for the spark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to temporarily swap the up and down keys to left and right using a utility like the one described on this page:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/map-any-key-to-any-key-on-windows-xp-vista/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2012 May 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for all of the help.  I can think of many situations where I can use the key mapping functions available by the use of SharpKeys2 as well as a couple of other programs I "discovered" in my recent travels (KeyTweak + AutoHotKey).  Even better for my situation here, I just received a more advanced model Keyspan remote (PR-Pro3) which handles Flash presentations just fine - I have no idea why - and neither did their tech support, apparently.  Anyway, the PR-EZ1's going back to Newegg and I'm happily wirelessly practicing my script for my Flash presentation - working remote in hand!  Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines