I'm actually using a Classroom Media Controller produced by SAFARI Montage. It's a device that is designed for digital signage.
- Displays Pathways SM™ managed media through projectors or other display types
- Preserves the teacher’s workstation for other uses
- Supports school-wide "All-Call" and "All-Off" features
- Supports up to 720p resolution
- Real-time status reporting viewable via SAFARI Montage server
- Requires SAFARI Montage 4.0 and Pathways SM™ Module
- Intel® Dual Core AtomTM 330
- 1 Gigabyte of RAM
- 5.1 Channel audio subsystem
- 10/100/1000 Mb/sec LAN
- PS/2 port (keyboard)
- 1 VGA port
- 4 USB
It comes with pre-loaded content. Is it very difficult to reverse engineer one of these videos to see what settings it was encoded/created at? Again, I'm kind of teaching myself as I go here.
"Supports up to 720p resolution"
Your composition and output is 1920x1080. Have you tried having your comp and output at 720p (1280x720) and making text at a size easily readable at 720p?
As A.I. said, your settings are wrong and the output is scaled somehow, hence the blurriness. An additional second scaling by whatever projector/ display you are using may further compound matters. Otehr than that there could of course be more general issues with how this box handles H.264 video, but that's difficult to judge not knowing how it exactly expects its footage...