4 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2012 8:30 AM by Frustrated in AZ RSS

Authorisation doesn't seem to take

janejanejanejane Community Member

Hello all, I am looking for some help with ADE. Each time I start up the program, it asks me to authorise the computer , which it reassures me is a one time process. Each time. Obviously something is not working correctly. I can't find anyone else discussing the same problem... no idea where to start to sort it out. Cheers, Jane

• 1. Re: Authorisation doesn't seem to take
          Frustrated in AZ Community Member

Jane, in order to know what to do now, it would be nice to know what you

did before.

Did you go to the Adobe website, register and get an Adobe ID and password

before you downloaded and installed ADE?  It's possible to download ADE and

install it without registering first with Adobe, and when that happens, ADE

may not install correctly.

Did you change computers after you installed ADE - or change ID's?

Are you running a Windows 7 PC?  It's security might not be set up to allow

you to use ADE as intended.

=============

• 2. Re: Authorisation doesn't seem to take

I am using windows XP. I haven't changed computers at any point, or ids. I only got an adobe id to use ADE, and It was some weeks back, so I can't guarantee in what order I downloaded, installed, registered. But I certainly never went past the activation screen the first time without inputting an id and password. thanks, Jane

• 3. Re: Authorisation doesn't seem to take

I have now uninstalled ADE, following the guidelines elsewhere here, and reinstalled it, and the exact same thing is happening. Each time the authorisation WORKS, but obviously no key is being written to whereever it is supposed to be kept, because next time I start up ADE it wants me to authorise again. Any ideas? Please!!!

• 4. Re: Authorisation doesn't seem to take
                Frustrated in AZ Community Member

All I can think of at this point is that your system software or your

antivirus program are set up to require a user ID and password before you

can use ADE.  That kind of security is not built into ADE, so it has to be

coming from somewhere outside ADE.

============