Could you please try and check the following:
1. Repair the Adobe Reader installation from within the Control Panel > Programs and Features
2. Check if the "Adobe PDF" add-on is enabled in IE. You can check the same by clicking on Tools > Manage Add-ons from within IE and navigating to the "Toolbars and Extensions" option.
Also, please let me know the version displayed in the same window for the add-on.
3. Check for the following setting in Adobe Reader, "Display PDF in browser" (Edit > Preferences > Internet). The checkbox should be checked.
I'm having the same problem with Snow Leopard/Safari 10.6.8 using Reader X 10.1.3. I get a 'black' page every time I try to open a .pdf on line. It works O.K. with attachments in the Save mode where the document appears automatically. I have re-installed numerous times, cleared my cache without sucess. Other acquaintences in my computer club are noticing the same problem. Any suggestions for us Mac users who have 'clean' machines.
Can you please try and operate Safari in 64bit mode and see if it solves your problem. You can do the same by:
1. Navigating to Applications > Safari after closing all instances of Safari
2. Right click on the same and click on "Get Info"
3. Uncheck the option "Open in 32 bit mode"
4. Try opening PDFs now.
Hope this helps
I have been getting a black page for all my PDF files. I have Addobe Reader version 10.1.3 on a Mac with Mac OS X 10.6.8.
The problem has been corrected for my setup by going into the Adobe Reader Preferences and selecting "Full Screen." In the Full Screen Setup page I found the Background color was set to black. I changed Background color to white. Now I can view my PDF files as before.