• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Resource /.../xxx does not exist", the file is there!!!!!

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2012 May 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a project I've been working at for a while. The project folder is on a network drive. At some point I tried to open the project when the network drive was not available, so Flash Builder couldn't access it, ok.

Now the network drive is available, and I have already rebooted the system (it's Windows) and restarted Flash Builder.

I can open the project but there are some specifical .as files in the src folder that I cannot open. THE FILES ARE THERE (I can see them in Windows explorer, I can open and edit them in notepad), but Flash Builder cannot open them. They are listed in the left project tree view but when I double click any of them, it says "resource <filepath> does not exist".

It's only some of the files in the project, not all of them. Others I can open.

I already did "refresh". I also closed and reopened the project, and as mentioned I rebooted and restarted Flash Builder.

<rant>This is ridiculous, how can Flash Builder be SO broken?</rant>

Is there a fix for this???

What else does Flash Builder need to open a file besides the file being there?

thanks

m.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's incredible, the project even builds. It's just I can't open those files in the EDITOR.

For god's sake there must be a fix for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just restarted Flash Builder TWICE MORE, and now everything works.

Not once, twice, because the first time it said "workspace in use or cannot be created, choose a different one", so I closed FB and opened it again.

I'm so sick of this sh***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just come across this also, incredibly frustraiting, some files, not all refuse to open in the IDE some of the time.

They exist and open fine in a normal editor such as Sublime or Textmate but not in Flash Builder.

Restarting the IDE is the only way I have found to fix this, seems to happen randomly to different files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2013 Jan 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue with flash builder 4.6

Restarting FlashBuilder a few times solves this weird issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines