5 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2012 7:47 AM by station_one RSS

Why fonts are no longer usable

reset licence photoshop Community Member

Hi,

In CS5 with a font I use (free) "MyriadPro" found in www, it works perfectly and I have my PSD file with lots of text with this font.

In CS6 (same PSD file), I have an error message and offers me an font alternative!

- Why?
      - Why is my font "MyriadPro" is set (in CS6 only) in brackets "[" and "]"?

Thank you for your help,
      Steve

PS: Sorry for my bad english ....

• 1. Re: Why fonts are no longer usable
          station_one Community Member

Where and how did you install that font exactly on your computer?

What platform are you on, Macintosh or Windows?  What exact version of the Operating System?

For your information, that is NOT a "free" font, it is pirated if you did not buy it from Adobe and paid for it.  You may NOT legally use it.

Now you have posted this on the Adobe's official website, so their legal department knows about you and your IP address.  

• 2. Re: Why fonts are no longer usable

For your information, that is NOT a "free" font, it is pirated if you did not buy it from Adobe and paid for it.  You may NOT legally use it

I downloaded the file fonts here ... There is NO mention that there is a copyright and the words "Free for all" appears in the banner, in the file. zip fonts with no mention of copyright for Adobe It is impossible to know that this form is not free. If Adobe confirms there is a problem, I agree (obviously) to remove this font in MY computer  !

http://www.cufonfonts.com/de/font/492/myriad-pro

Now you have posted this on the Adobe's official website, so their legal department knows about you and your IP address

Thank you! ... but before you accused someone of being dishonest, thank you set a minimum of questions BEFORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... OK !

• 3. Re: Why fonts are no longer usable

I did a long search on the www. And I concluded that there is no multiple versions of cettte font. The site I mention is not legal !!!!!

As explained above, and from that observation, I removed this font on my computer, and am (currently) changing the font against another that offers me Photoshop. This work represents a little rather, but finally for my psd file I did not need a specific make, this one in Windows or CS5 is fine with me.

• 4. Re: Why fonts are no longer usable

There was no need to ask any questions.  There is no such thing as a legitimate free version of Myriad Pro. 

• 5. Re: Why fonts are no longer usable

reset licence photoshop wrote:

I did a long search on the www. And I concluded that there is no multiple versions of cettte font. The site I mention is not legal !!!!!…

Told you so.